Controller Input appears as question marks

grantox
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

(Note - This is base don't starve with no dlc)The controller input appears as a line and double question mark instead of an actual button. This makes it near impossible to play with a controller, as I cannot remember which buttons are mapped to which commands and end up eating instead of cooking, can't navigate menus correctly etc.Moved the analog stick and the menu display at the bottom that shows select and cancel looked like below. Here is an in-game shot of what it looks like

This is amazing

I tried the following to fix the bug-

Verify Integrity

Restart PC

Delete settings.ini from documents/klei

Delete controllers.zip from fonts folder - common/don't_starve/data/fonts

Reinstalled the game

Steps to Reproduce
Reproduction - The game was working fine, until today when I turned on my computer and started the game. Yesterday I enabled a mod called geometric placement, saved with it enabled, and then disabled it on the same save but that caused no problems yesterday. I also turned my computer on with the controller plugged in if that helps. There was no discernible cause of the bug, because it happened as soon as I turned on the game this morning, and the day before I had also restarted don't starve many times without this bug appearing. It only happened when I turned my computer off, then on again, and restarting once more did not fix.

User Feedback

It fixed itself as I started the game right before posting this and the buttons came back working, but hopefully a cause could be found.

Edited by grantox

Share this comment