Can go out caves since last update 20/09/2016

Sieben
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Hello ! So i world hope shipwrecked to reset RoG caves , during this i change to warly character. After that in cave and now when i want to go out, the game generating new cave . So i'am stuck in cave and when i try to kill me i respawn in a new cave ...

Day 2600 i'am afraid help meeee ahah!

Steps to Reproduce
World hope in shipwrecked with WX78 change to warly go to cave RoG cave with red crockpot in inventory and try to go out

User Feedback

sorry  its can't and not can in title , anyway i fix my game myself 

just need to delete all caves save in 29740/remote and bug fix for me !! so happy 

Share this comment

I got the same problem. Got stuck inside the volcano and it kept recreating it whenever i wanted to exit. Startet a new game in RoG, went to the caves, same problem.

I deleted the save file, bug seems to be fixed now. But i had to delete my 1k+ Days megabase slot for that. I'm done with this game :?. Thanks though for the advice!

Share this comment

World re-generating happened to me also recently. Could it be caused by recent bug which made every day to have different save file and overflowed steam cloud? Or is it something different? Luckily bug was fixed for me when I deleted whole profile and then restored it again. But I am a bit scared now for my world.

Share this comment

Hey everyone, were looking into this issue now. if any of you can post your log files, that might assist us to track it down. Thank you for the help.

Share this comment

At the moment this seems to be an issue with Steam Cloud saves. We suggest turning them off. That means though, that you won't easily be able to jump to a different computer and play the same saved game.

To disable the Steam Cloud save on Don't Starve, you need to open the settings.ini file in some TXT editor. 
Find it here: Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\settings.ini

In that file you will see these lines:
[STEAM]
DISABLECLOUD = false

Switch the false to true, so it looks like this:
[STEAM]
DISABLECLOUD = true

Then save the file.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Jason said:

At the moment this seems to be an issue with Steam Cloud saves. We suggest turning them off. That means though, that you won't easily be able to jump to a different computer and play the same saved game.

To disable the Steam Cloud save on Don't Starve, you need to open the settings.ini file in some TXT editor. 
Find it here: Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\settings.ini

In that file you will see these lines:
[STEAM]
DISABLECLOUD = false

Switch the false to true, so it looks like this:
[STEAM]
DISABLECLOUD = true

Then save the file.

I always wondered does that file work? I have set ENABLECONSOLE = false but console still opens when I press ~

Share this comment

I'm not sure about that, but it's possible that the ENABLECONSOLE option lost support somewhere and is no longer used. I see on my settings.ini that I also have it set to false ;) and it certainly works. 

Share this comment

having the same issue. playing vanilla, on my fourth world, i was in caves entering the ruins sinkhole and it showed the world creator screen for the caves and then restarted in a new cave map. every attempt to get back up to the surface or further down into the ruins results in the world creator screen for the caves. every death results in re-entering a new cave map. how do i post log files?

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

@dankit Go to your Documents/Klei/DoNotStarve folder, in there is a file called log.txt. Attach that file when you're writing your post.

thank you!!!

log.txt

Share this comment