Bottlenose Ballphin do not spawn

Mokanem
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Ballphins do not spawn when ballphin palace is approached. I have to exit the game and reload my game for them to spawn. Reloading does not fix the issue with ballphin pallaces not on screen, 

Steps to Reproduce
I started 2-3 new games and issue presents itself everytime.
  • Like 2

User Feedback

All of the ballphin palaces I've encountered in my game seem to be empty, too. I haven't figured out how to get ballphins to appear from them. I have seen ballphin pods swimming around without palaces, but the palaces seem to be dark and empty all the time, with no ballphins around. I don't think they used to be like this.

Share this comment

I have recently run into this as well.  I have managed to FINALLY get ballphins to spawn but only if their den is on screen right as the day changes from night to day.

Share this comment

Update: Happens on PC with or without mods.   Bug does not seem to be present on the PS4 version of the game (at least for me) and is only happening to me on the PC.  Hamlet enabled world as well.

Share this comment

It's been a few months since I've played, but I started a new SW game and I'm experiencing a lack of ballphins, too. Glad to see I'm not alone though! I thought maybe they all disappeared because I killed one.

Share this comment

Yes this has been an issue for years with no fix, sadly.  Sealnado killed some lone ballphins out in the deep so I was able to craft my own ballphin palace and that still does not spawn them. They are empty.

Share this comment