I was playing the beta when a few things happened in a short time span from one another:
- When I was fishing in a shoal near my base, I got attacked by a Crocodog. I looked on the wiki, and apparently Sea Hounds are supposed to attack you when you do this. Is this a bug, or intentional?
I had a Crocodog wave hit soon thereafter, and after some
totally expertly done and not near deathmaneuvering, I managed to shake them off my tail. I returned to land to put stuff away, then came back to my boat to find two Sea Hounds there instead of Crocodogs. I checked my map (which has a mod that displays mob positions, including Crocodogs and Sea Hounds) to find that they were all suddenly Sea Hounds.
- On top of the Crocodogs turning to Sea Hounds, one of the first two I spotted was swimming on the island! I have no idea how this happened, but it did. I studied its behavior and found:
- It was completely neutral to me on land, no matter how close to it I got.
- When I got on my boat, it aggroed onto me, but was unable to pass the shore barrier.
- When I left my boat, it deaggroed once more.
- When I hit it, it retaliated. When it bit at me, it dealt full damage to my health.
That's all that I've noticed thus far, other than this incident my game has been pretty stable and glitch free!
Steps to Reproduce
The crocodogs attacked when fishing at a shoal instead of sharks, contrary to what the wiki states. I'm not sure how the other instances occurred, and haven't been able to replicate it since.
This issue has been previously reported, please search the bug tracker for more information about this issue.