1. SW-> New RoG World will fail 2.Survivals first travel to SW will drop you next to Seaworthy instead of stranding on an "starting Island

Fraukie
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Hello there!

Since the last update I noticed 2 bugs.

In one of them I am pretty sure that's an unwanted bug, the other one blows some balancing

1. Travel through the Seaworthy from SW to RoG

If using the Seaworthy to travel from SW to RoG  there are still 2 choices:

a) Picking an already existing Gameslot and linking the SW game to an already existing RoG-World:

only tried once, seems to work still fine:

Landing near the spot your charakter stood when the game was saved, with a grave and digging out all items the RoG character carried. 

So far so good BUT

b) Picking "New World" and activate or not activate will both result in landing in a new generated Vanilla Game.

I tried it a few times, traveling from SW to a New RoG-World is currently  reproducible impossible.

I am always landing in a Vanilla-Game and the save slot is also marked as "DS/SW" instead of "RoG/SW"

Also the world in which I am landing seems sometimes a little bit "mixed up", like it is a vanilla-world. RoG Biomes, Plants and Mobs are missing.

But there is also overheating in summer and the possibility of placing coldfires (I had them built before I left SW and placing them was not a problem and they also are cooling me down). 

I discovered also closed rabbit holes, like they are in RoG-Spring.

I don't recognize those from the Vanilla Version. 

2. Traveling from RoG to SW

I also tried out building a Seaworthy in a RoG Game and traveled to SW.

Other than before the last update, I landet every time I tried that out next to the Seaworthy in SW.

I am not sure if this is a bug, I think so, because by using the Seaworthy I still get the warning if you really want to go because "You might not be able to come back for a while".

Before the last update, I thought it was the intended challenge:

Getting ready.. 

Going stranded on an abandoned Island.. going SHIPWRECKED.

Building a base.. traveling, exploring the new world to FIND the Seaworther, the way home and THAN you are able to just hop from Survival to SW and back as often and long as you wish.

Is that an intended chance or a bug?

To me it feels "wrong" makes things way to easy.

3. "Smuggeling Packim"

No real bug but confusing ;)

If placed in the backpack, the fishbone AND packim can be taken to the survival-World.

Packim appears there empty. If saved and closed and loaded again he will fly away and won't come back.

Picking up the eybone packim follows as long as you are carrying BOTH bones but chester wouldn't show himself.

Traveling back to SW packim will wait there, holding the stored items he had before the journey and lacks the ones stored in him in Survivalworld. 

Leaving the fishbone in SW and returning to survival with the eybone you see packim leaving and need to save and reload to let chester come ;)

Taking the eyebone to SW in the backpack seems to have no effekt.

Maybe it would be better to make packim do additional to chester in survival mode (that chester is of no use on islands should be obvious) or make sure the "wrong" bone falls out of the backpack as it does from the inventory by hopping worlds. 

Hope my English is good enough to   understand what I wanted to report 

Greets

Fraukie

Steps to Reproduce
1. Travel through the Seaworthy from SW to RoG - Create a new SW World - find and go to the "Seaworthy" (via Map reveal or "c_gonext"command - Activate Seaworthy (Answer warning with "Yes" - pick "New World" - make sure RoG is active - Press "Start" -> you are landing in a Vanillaworld - esc + save and quit and "Play" again -> save slot reads "SW/DS" instead of SW/RoG 2. Traveling from RoG to SW - create a new Survival World (Vanilla and RoG share this bug) - Press "Yes" for SW-compatibility - DebugSpawn("researchlab3") to get a Shadow Manipulator - c_give("nightmarefuel",4) + c_give("livinglog",4) + c_give("sunken_boat_trinket_4") - craft Seaworthy - build/place Seaworthy - activate Seaworthy ("Yes" when warned") - "Start" new game -> land save right next to the Seaworthy instead of going shipwracked on a starting island so you can just go back without any risk or challenge

User Feedback

Thanks for reporting these!

#1 is a known issue.

#2 seems odd, I'll have a look in to it.

#3 I had seen once before but didn't catch what had happened. Thanks for providing the steps to reproduce this!

(In the future, please feel free to make a separate post for each bug. It may feel like you're spamming but in fact it helps us find and track issues. :) )

Share this comment