World merge doesn't merge learned recipes and precrafts

hyiltiz
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Merging worlds should literally merge learned recipes and precrafts. Can implement in terms of digging up a bunch of blueprints from the grave after linking the Worlds. But a seamless integration (precrafts and learned recipes just merged) would be much better.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Learn Shovel recipe and precraft a Drying Rack in RoG (or SW). 2. Learn Pitchfork recipe and precraft a Crock Pot in Hamlet. 3. Create a Skyworthy in Hamlet, and link to the World created in Step 1. 4. Upon going to the RoG World from the Hamlet via Skyworthy, find that only the precrafted Crock Pot is available to place, but not the Drying Rack. Similarly, Pitchfork recipe is learned but not Shovel. 5. Expected that the union of the sets of all a) precrafted structures (e.g. both Drying Rack and the Crock Pot) and b) all learned recipes (e.g. Shovel and Pitchfork) is available for the player after the merge.

User Feedback

I don't really see why this would be expected. Recipes learned and structures prebuilt is saved to the character, and when you merge a Hamlet or SW world with a world from a previous DLC, the character in that world ceases to exist. This is almost certainly intended behavior.

• Like 2

Share this comment

Like poster above said, but it will be good if that character who died during merging world leave blueprint in his grave that have all learned recipes.

Share this comment

On 6/30/2019 at 2:46 AM, Faintly Macabre said:

I don't really see why this would be expected. Recipes learned and structures prebuilt is saved to the character, and when you merge a Hamlet or SW world with a world from a previous DLC, the character in that world ceases to exist. This is almost certainly intended behavior.

And I can make a claim that the same player is behind both characters. Besides, it is just very inconvenient to re-learn all the recipes again. It is not that you are lack of resources for them; by the time you can merge worlds etc., you are probably mid- or late-game where you can have pretty much any resources. So it ends up becoming a pointless grind that wastes player's time. I don't really care about "game logic" in DS/DST anymore (ask Maxwell).

Edited by hyiltiz

Share this comment

6 hours ago, hyiltiz said:

And I can make a claim that the same player is behind both characters. Besides, it is just very inconvenient to re-learn all the recipes again. It is not that you are lack of resources for them; by the time you can merge worlds etc., you are probably mid- or late-game where you can have pretty much any resources. So it ends up becoming a pointless grind that wastes player's time. I don't really care about "game logic" in DS/DST anymore (ask Maxwell).

But that boils down to a suggestion, and not a bug report. It may not be behavior you like, but there's no reason to believe it's not intended.

Share this comment

I wouldn't think this is intended unless stated so by a developer. To me it seems more like a convenient implementation (just write something up that runs and won't break the game) rather than intended design.

Share this comment