World Linking / Merging resets all previously visited worlds PS4

GameWork25
  • Version: Console Pending

The world merging / linking system is not working as intended for the PS4, the game crashes the first time you use a skyworthy and from that point onwards it will always create a new world every time you use a world merging structure; I have tested this in several ways:

1. I was playing with Wilba in Hamlet and built a skyworthy to take me to a previously created - Hamlet compatible Reing of Giants world, the skyworthy works normally and spawns me in RoG, then I procced to build an skyworthy to take me back to my Hamlet World. The game crashes and if I reopen I spawn in a new Hamlet world that is not the one I came from.

2. Again playing with Wilba in Hamlet and built a skyworthy to take me to a previously created - Hamlet compatible Reing of Giants world, the skyworthy works normally and spawns me in RoG, then I procced to go to the caves and then to the ruins, after returning from the ruins a new RoG world is created, wiping all my previous visited worlds.

At this point I deleted all my worlds in my PS4 to start fresh to see if that worked as a solution.

3. Again playing with Wilba in Hamlet and built a skyworthy to take me to a new Reing of Giants world generated right in the spot, the skyworthy works normally and spawns me in RoG, I procced to build an skyworthy to take me back to my Hamlet World. The game sends an warning issue and I am forced to close the game after reopen I spawn in the same Hamlet world as intended but if I use the skyworthy again the game crashes and after reopen it takes me to a new RoG world and not the one I came from.

In conclusion I am unable to have a save file with permanent merged worlds, as every time I link / merge a world the game crashes and resets my previously visited worlds / caves.

Steps to Reproduce

Play in Hamlet - build a skyworthy - use skyworthy to go to RoG - build a skyworthy in RoG - use skyworthy to go back to Hamlet - World is reset.

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

User Feedback

Pretty much same here but with Shipwrecked and exiting the volcano did not cause a world reset. Just tried it a 2nd time after making sure I had all world settings correct. Trying to go back to Hamlet world after traveling to Shipwrecked caused a blue screen and crash. Loading back in to world causes previously established worlds to be wiped. 

Share this comment

Huge issue, happening to everybody on all consoles, I'm pretty sure Klei is working on trying to fix it but I don't know. I am wanting to play so very badly,  but because of that bug it's kind of a game breaker. I have everything set up, but I need to be able to go back to my previous worlds to start getting everything perfected and I can't because of this game breaker bug. Hopefully they will have it hotfixed as soon as possible but I fear that they are putting all of their resources toward Don't Starve together and not paying too much attention to Don't Starve single player, I could be wrong (which I hope), but it looks like on their Twitter page that they keep coming out with stuff for together and this bug has been there pretty much since they came out with Hamlet for PS4 almost a month ago.

Share this comment

Just tested it again, and today is November 4th and still crashes my PlayStation 4 whenever I use Sky worthy no matter where I am to go to a previous world, but if I go to a new world it's fine. If I use the skyworthy and crash and then reload my game, it'll create a new world. So I have to re-download my save data off my USB since that's the only way I can keep my save file. I really need them to fix this Don't Starve is one of my favorite games but if I cannot traverse between my worlds, what's the point? They spend so much time working on Don't Starve Together so much effort gets put into all of the stuff in it, I wish that they would direct some effort into making Don't Starve Standalone much better by fixing all these bugs and maybe even adding some more new content because to be honest I own both of them and I don't care for Don't Starve Together at all the lag that it has it makes it unplayable and I have one gigabit a second connection via Ethernet cord so I'm not lacking when it comes to the Internet it's the game itself but I love the Standalone version It's just impossible to play if I can't go from my worlds to my other worlds.

Share this comment