Wigfrid can't drink coffee, tea, or iced tea

Portmanteau
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

I know, I know. This isn't exactly a bug per say and more of a balancing issue, but I feel like its something that fits here in the tracker given balancing issues like this have been reported before and were fixed (like no renewable batilisk wings in Hamlet). I can understand why Wigfrid can't eat Nettles (pointing out cause I see a lot of people want this for Wigfrid too, but I actually don't agree on that cause nettles are arguably food), Seed Pods (same reason as nettles), or raw and cooked coffee beans cause those are all "non-meat" substances more for sustaining hunger, but her not drinking coffee, tea, and ice tea doesn't make sense to me as they're drinks not food necessarily, so I think it would be completely valid to allow her to drink these things given this fact alone. Now if we look from a balance perspective as well, Wigfrid is at a known major disadvantage late-game as most players use coffee as an effective means of getting around and for combat, so her not being able to drink coffee often does seem to ward many from playing her long term. I believe this along with the last argument and the fact that really Wigfrid making exceptions for certain foods for even just balancing reasons isn't unheard of actually should prove this a valid change. As if memory serves Wigfrid was actually allowed to eat Jellybeans in DST so that she wasn't at a great late-game disadvantage to the other characters due to not being able to eat Jellybeans when fighting bosses. So really, why can't the same happen for coffee, tea, and iced tea here in DS?

I hope you take this input into consideration. :wilson_dorky:

Steps to Reproduce
Read above.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug

User Feedback

.... ....

well the Tea/iced she should drink cuz you know...pikos as far i am concerned are not made of vegetables...

• Like 1

Share this comment

Alexias

Posted (edited)

The cup isn’t made of meat, that the reason.

Every other character eat it with the drink.

Edited by Namelessgamer

Share this comment

If you examine a cooked coffee bean as Wigfrid she says: “I like mine black.” Meaning she can and has had coffee in the past. Which makes it even more confusing why she can’t drink it. She can drink things in DST she shouldn’t be able to drink. Also you make tea with using living squirrels as the ingredients, if anything, let her at least be able to drink that. It would make piko farms as Wigfrid a viable thing. 

Just my two cents :)

• Like 1

Share this comment

the point of playing with Wigfrid its the challenge of dont being able to eat non-meaty meals, its for that she is so strong in RoG but so weak in Hamlet, each survivor has her/his strengths and weaknesses in different worlds, i tried her in hamlet.. no thanks again, meat is hard to get in hamlet, lush season with hay fever is a nightmare, honey is near non existent so you cant turn that monster meat in something useful to eat. so yeah Wigfrid excel in hunting maps, but in economic maps like hamlet? she is a nay-nay.

another example, people feels wendy is pretty weak in RoG maps due giants' attacks, she has low damage and constant hounds attacks ... in hamlet i found her and her sister pretty strong. bat vampire attacks? abigail tanked and kiled near all of them with minimal effort, hordes of mustached bugs? 2 secs and the horde is gone, ancient pig ruins? i can raid them while Abigail clean the mobs for me, nest of snaptooth plants? send Abigail in the night to clean 6-8 mobs at the same time and get profit, same against thunder birds. Due to the lack of forced Giant attacks the weakness of Wendy is gone in Hamlet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this comment

41 minutes ago, madskull said:

the point of playing with Wigfrid its the challenge of dont being able to eat non-meaty meals, its for that she is so strong in RoG but so weak in Hamlet, each survivor has her/his strengths and weaknesses in different worlds, i tried her in hamlet.. no thanks again, meat is hard to get in hamlet, lush season with hay fever is a nightmare, honey is near non existent so you cant turn that monster meat in something useful to eat. so yeah Wigfrid excel in hunting maps, but in economic maps like hamlet? she is a nay-nay.

another example, people feels wendy is pretty weak in RoG maps due giants' attacks, she has low damage and constant hounds attacks ... in hamlet i found her and her sister pretty strong. bat vampire attacks? abigail tanked and kiled near all of them with minimal effort, hordes of mustached bugs? 2 secs and the horde is gone, ancient pig ruins? i can raid them while Abigail clean the mobs for me, nest of snaptooth plants? send Abigail in the night to clean 6-8 mobs at the same time and get profit, same against thunder birds. Due to the lack of forced Giant attacks the weakness of Wendy is gone in Hamlet.

In Hamlet, Abigail is also a jerk. She steps on traps, blocks the doors and summons the darts. She will be aggressive against pigmen if you accidentally click your right mouse button.

Share this comment

I think "I like mine black" is just a joke about burning the beans, and even if it was more than that it could just be an out of character comment, as she does make a few now and then. I am however totally for letting her drink tea with the made from pikos rationale because it's ridiculous and I love it.

This still doesn't belong on the bug tracker though.

Share this comment