Werewilba can enter unopened cracks in walls in ruins

Faintly Macabre
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

When in werepig form, Wilba can enter cracks in ruin walls that haven't been opened yet. This happens at least when playing on a controller.

Steps to Reproduce
Go into werepig form as Wilba, walk up to cracks in walls concealing rooms, and attempt to enter them.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Could you elaborate? When I, playing with controller, approach a suspicious crack (that I know has a door behind it) as Werewilba it only shows the 'inspect' option for me.

Could you upload your save by submitting an in-game bugreport? (Main Menu>Options>Report Bug - mention the issue and the saveslot, preferably save in the room with the crack if possible, and I'll take a look)

Share this comment

Done. Before anything I decided to check to see if my mods might be responsible -- I usually assume not because they're all simple ones, like Geometric Placement and Combined Status -- and to my surprise it looked like that might be responsible, so I played around a little to see if I could isolate which. I discovered it didn't even seem to be consistent depending on which were switched on or off, so I made a whole new game with none, and sure enough

image.thumb.png.426f75adf3c7e606ab21bf899215369c.png

Of course, I had to save and quit to submit the report. When I loaded the file back up, she couldn't enter anymore. I tried playing around a little to see if I could get it to come back -- left the room and reentered, left the ruins and reentered, left the ruins, saved/quit, reentered, no dice.

So I started ANOTHER new game, and got it to happen again. All I can suggest to try to reproduce this yourself is to create a new game, use the console to give yourself some meat, eat BEFORE entering the ruins, and see if that changes anything.

Share this comment

Thanks for trying to analyze the issue more :) Greatly appreciated.

I will try that, as I looked at your game and indeed I couldn't repro it, nor could I with my own tests earlier on, but I tend to make saves before repro-ing with the setup I need (I die a lot :p ), so will for sure try without saves.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment