Volcano and caves reseted

Wexton
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Known Issue

The game generated a new volcano, deleting the prexisting one (same with ROG's caves).

Am not sure of how it happened, but perhaps its using the teleportato on any of the worlds what causes the subworlds to reset? (I used hamlet's teleportato before the caves and volcano reseted) I will try to confirm later.

Mods: Only Skin mods and Animal variety, none of them affect worldgen.

EDIT: CONFIRMED. Using hamlet's teleportato reseted the caves when it should only reset the hamlet world,probably resets volcano as well. Some research indicated that this bug has been around since SW, which means that using any teleportato will delete the other world's subareas.

Log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
1)Explore caves/volcano 2)Go to hamlet and use the stone thing 3) come back to caves/volcano and the game will generate new ones

We are aware of this issue and have it logged internally but either we do not have a fix ready yet or we are not planning on addressing the issue in the immediate future.

Report Bug

User Feedback

this is intentional, but maybe a warning or a heads up ingame would be nice for new players.

• Like 2

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, jantonio said:

this is intentional, but maybe a warning or a heads up ingame would be nice for new players.

But that makes no sense o-0 using hamlet's teleportato sould only reset hamlet, not any of SW or ROG's stuff. Those should be reseted by their respective teleportatos. (It also makes the other teleportato useless,because the only stuff you would want to reset ROG or SW for its mostly the volcano or the ruins loot).

• Like 1

Share this comment

9 hours ago, Wexton said:

But that makes no sense o-0 using hamlet's teleportato sould only reset hamlet, not any of SW or ROG's stuff. Those should be reseted by their respective teleportatos. (It also makes the other teleportato useless,because the only stuff you would want to reset ROG or SW for its mostly the volcano or the ruins loot).

this makes getting ruins loot and volcano plants renewable.

• Like 2

Share this comment

I really hope this "bug" isn't fixed. It's been in the game for years, since the seaworthy was first made functional, and I feel like it's ascended to a feature at this point. Being able to get ruins loot without ditching an entire RoG megabase, for example, is so helpful and keeps the late game from devolving into tumbleweed farming and thulecite duplication.

• Like 3

Share this comment

.... .... ....
20 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah, I'm not going to change this at the moment. 

So it's essentially a legitimate feature now? Sweet! I never wanted to utilize this before because I don't really like exploits...

Edited by SpoonyBardIV

Share this comment

Would't it be better to add a teleportato for the ruins,caves and volcano then?

Share this comment

2 hours ago, Wexton said:

Would't it be better to add a teleportato for the ruins,caves and volcano then?

YES. That would be simply wonderful. @Jason, @bizziboi, and anyone else at Klei, PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment