Sticky Webbing Off-Centre of Spider Dens

PuffMug
  • Version: Console Pending

When I play on my Xbox One, Don't Starve (single player), I find that the sticky webbing that should surround the Spider Nests isn't as it should.

The sticky webbing is the white, cobweb like floor that will slow the player when trod on and if close enough to the den, will alert the spiders inside the den.

Having the webbing off-centre of the Spider Den hurts the gameplay as the player can get close to den without alerting the spiders inside and can easily retreat when attaching the den as the sticky webbing that normal slow the player down isn't in the right location. This happens to everything that has sticky webbing like Cocooned Trees and Spilagmites.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and its DLC, deleted my data in the cloud and not, and have restarted and full system restarted my Xbox One and it has done nothing. I'm convinced it's a bug in the game itself.

This is an issue to my knowledge, affects the Don't Starve: Console Edition on Xbox One regardless of what DLC is or isn't installed.

In the Pictures below, the Spider Den in the savanna with the grass is from Console Edition Don't Starve, the webbing off-centre of the Den. The Spider Den in the forest with the tree stumps is from Don't Starve Together, this is what it should look like.

Don't Starve Giant Edition (5).png

Don't Starve Together Console Edition (2).png

Steps to Reproduce

[(Xbox One) Don't Starve: Console Edition]

Create a world, any character.

Find or place a Spider Den.

The webbing will be clearly off-centre of where the nest is located, an issue not present in Don't Starve Together.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.