Sound disappeared

Intuitive
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

After walking through the jungle near some glowfly cocoons, all the sounds just stopped? The music still seems to work fine. I just can't hear any of the sounds such as the science machine chime, character speaking, gaining sanity, etc. I tried exiting the game and going back in but the sounds are still gone. Even going through the pause menu and such are missing their sound too during this glitch.

Edit: I just entered and exited a hamlet cave and it seems to have fixed the glitch.

Edit: Sound disappeared again while putting stuff in a chest?

Steps to Reproduce
Walk past some glowfly cocoons in the jungle

User Feedback

This happened to me, too. I also noticed the sound sort of trying to come back, sounding all choppy and glitchy. I didn't notice it because of cocoons, though. But I'm very sure it was related to entering the deep rainforest jungle biome.

Share this comment

I’m having the same bug as well, it’s very disconcerting and it makes it hard to keep track of the rabid beetles as you can’t hear them. 

Share this comment

It is still happening in my game. In case it's relevant, I was using a save file created yesterday. Haven't had a chance to try it in a new game yet.

Share this comment

i can confirm, still happening, need restart the game each time to get sound back. each time entering the jungle glitch the game's sound.

i validate the game and it reinstalled 2 elements, the sound bug persist. 

Edited by madskull

Share this comment

Just throwing this out there.

If anyone has a video of this happening (starting before and ending after, I know some people record stuff continuously, that could potentially really help in us understanding what may cause. 

Also, any other details that seem common (like jungle biome clearly) could help, were you doing something specific? Did something specific happen?

......We have not been able to reproduce this yet :\

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

for me it happens when entering the jungle biome and the music start to play, but then when other sounds plays at well like: snap tooth plants, birds singing, spider gorillas roaring, etc... all those sounds begin to inter loop one with the other and after a few secs they begin to sound cut, and finishing with no more sounds expect the background music.

*update* , *downloaded  a free software to record it...*

2019-06-27 16-35-31.flv

Edited by madskull
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

It happened again just now, seemed to coincide with a bunch of glowflies spawning from a flower during the second temperate season, day 40-something, though it also happened earlier in the game during the first year. It wasn't in the deep rainforest, just the light jungle bordering the town on the starting island. The glowflies/cocoons may be the culprits, since other people mentioned the cocoons. Unfortunately I don't have a way to record myself playing the game, or I would gladly supply a video of the phenomenon. Also, I'm not using any mods of any kind at all, so that can't be the issue.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

and this other, its similar but the bug happens from the start just when entering the game, before entering the jungle biome, doesn't need there are cocoons around since the glitch happens each time entering the jungle without matter the season, i think its more related to the cocoons / glowflies spawners,but hope it helps..

2019-06-27 16-29-33.flv

Edited by madskull
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks, we think we figured out what may be causing it but have yet to verify.

Edit: Nope.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

OK friends looks like we have come really close to finding the issue. I've done some preliminary testing and its not stuttering at the moment. We should have a fix for every one by tomorrow end of day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment