Sign in to follow this  

Softlock on boat during instrument break

axxel
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Found it out while testing the crash with instruments. If you gain a little momentum on boat and use the last use of an instument (I couldn't make it happen with an axe) the character will be softlocked on the boat and the boat will travel with the last momentum it had but will speed up if you click anywhere. Characters won't move. Boat and character can take still damage in this state. You can actually see it that the momentum is maintained if you use an instrument without breaking.

Steps to Reproduce
Ride a boat (sail doesn't matter). Gain momentum. Break an instrument during the movement.
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Could you give more info (ie what instrument?). I suspect it may be fixed with the next update because of another fix) but want to make sure.

Share this comment

Sorry I wasn't clear about it. If I remember it correctly I tested with a pan flute and the bird whistle yesterday. Now I tested with a (last) bird whistle, the dripple pipes and old bell and got a crash screen FreyaMaluk already posted. It was much easier yesterday :confused: Now I tried with a panflute several times and got this crash screen after:

image.thumb.png.9d380d3af801af3ede4ce0c85d5950ee.png

I hadn't a good explanation how to produce the bug. I was able to maintain the momentum if you play an instrument and use A or D at the same time. I try to capture a gameplay of it. But I couldn't reproduce the softlocks I had yesterday because I crash now.

Share this comment

The panflute crash has been fixed locally (you need a second panflute in your inventory for it to occur, or a second of whatever item you break I think, but I guess you got that, since you mentioned 'last').
But indeed the crash I fixed was a slightly different one than the one on your screen, so I'll have to double check - any details you can think of to help me repro this would definitely help!

Share this comment

.... ....

I am very sorry I couldn't repro the softlock either - maybe it was a mistake from me and had a mod installed. I can show the momentum thing (here I could change the direction by examining birds) with the panflute breaking and could do act after that. Pardon me if I made the gif too big.2019-05-28-22-55-50.thumb.gif.0077154f72a1ad3049b624b28cd70ea2.gif

Share this comment