Same old bug. New Switch victim.

NSAiswatchingus
  • Version: Console Pending

Yo! I've been playing DS again on Switch lately and am having the same issue I had on PS4 years ago...

WORLD HOPPING 

It just doesn't work as intended y'all. Having been around the Klei block a few times I know to back up EVERYTHING so I can salvage my world as I troubleshoot these world merging attempts, but newer players that struggle their way to this point are going to be so let down they just turn away from all Klei games. No one could blame them either! 

This series is fantastic. I know it, you know it, and new players find out real quick, but y'all HAVE to figure out this world hopping stuff after so many years. Scrolling through multiple forums shows a lot of users with similar issues within the last year and no solution presented or update given. It's the biggest/coolest part of the end game and rarely functions without issue. 

My issue: Currently trying to link my Hamet world to an existing RoG world. Use Skyworthy, animation runs, warning!/error code screen, generating new world, and I'm dropped in a totally new RoG world. Day count is retained until I save and quit. It resets to day 1. I had it premade last time but forgot to test skyworthy, but I have a feeling if I travled back to Hamlet it would have been a new world. 

Steps to Reproduce

Same thing others report. Be on Switch. Use the Skyworthy. 

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.