PLEASE Fix Mini-Signs

lakhnish
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Unlike their DST Origins, if you place a Mini-sign directly ontop of a chest (ie. with geo), the mini-sign will have its own hitbox, making it difficult to open the chest.

In DST, you can place the mini-sign in front of a chest, you have zero issues.

Here it is in Don't Starve:

2021-06-30 20-21-50.mkv

Steps to Reproduce

Place mini-sign in front of chest with geo in DS and DST.

See that DS version has a hitbox to it, making it annoying to open the chest.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

User Feedback

On 7/4/2021 at 9:54 AM, leonidas_iv said:

Oh God, please Klei, make this game playable.

DS is "dead".

• Sad 1

Share this comment

Well, I received a notification about this topic and I'll take the opportunity to say something:

I tried to fix this bug myself but failed. The mini sign code in DST has an entity property that allows the mouse to "through" the entity, but when porting the mini sign to singleplayer, this low priority has not been implemented, and it doesn't seem to be easily resolved, because it is a function that runs on the client-side in DST.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 12/23/2021 at 12:57 AM, Leonidas IV said:

Well, I received a notification about this topic and I'll take the opportunity to say something:

I tried to fix this bug myself but failed. The mini sign code in DST has an entity property that allows the mouse to "through" the entity, but when porting the mini sign to singleplayer, this low priority has not been implemented, and it doesn't seem to be easily resolved, because it is a function that runs on the client-side in DST.

I just find a mod called "Mouse Through [DS]"! It fixed this problem perfectly!

Share this comment

24 minutes ago, KXWl1 said:

I just find a mod called "Mouse Through [DS]"! It fixed this problem perfectly!

Nice! I will test soon

• Like 1

Share this comment