Piko's can steal "Teleportato" parts.

misiek124356748
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

I'm pretty sure that the piko's shouldn't steal the teleportato "things". Can you please change it klei? ;)

Steps to Reproduce
i think this is pretty easy to reproduce

User Feedback

It's been decided that this behavior is fine since pikos just hide what they steal in their trees. I don't really understand it since Splumonkeys/Prime Apes don't destroy items either but aren't allowed to steal important items, but that's Jason's decision.

Share this comment

if pikos worked correctly, there would be no problem.

but the real problem is pikos can actually permanently "destroy" items due they are actually heavily bugged, if you chop a piko's tree, you can get the item(s) back, BUT....  you need destroy or remove the stump immediately otherwise the game count it like a "new" functional piko's tree and it spawn immediately a new piko, who can steal a item near it. if the piko return to the stump he can climb a non existent tree with the stolen item, this way permanently destroying it.

since you cant "chop" the non existent tree you cant get back your items, and if you remove the stump, only the piko get out, but not the stolen items. 

Edited by madskull

Share this comment

6 hours ago, madskull said:

if pikos worked correctly, there would be no problem.

but the real problem is pikos can actually permanently "destroy" items due they are actually heavily bugged, if you chop a piko's tree, you can get the item(s) back, BUT....  you need destroy or remove the stump immediately otherwise the game count it like a "new" functional piko's tree and it spawn immediately a new piko, who can steal a item near it. if the piko return to the stump he can climb a non existent tree with the stolen item, this way permanently destroying it.

since you cant "chop" the non existent tree you cant get back your items, and if you remove the stump, only the piko get out, but not the stolen items. 

1. I was actually afraid of something stupid like that but had never gotten around to playing with pikos much and testing it.

2. You should probably actually report that.

• Like 1

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Faintly Macabre said:

1. I was actually afraid of something stupid like that but had never gotten around to playing with pikos much and testing it.

2. You should probably actually report that.

people already reported it before, but i think the thread was ignored.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, madskull said:

people already reported it before, but i think the thread was ignored.

Report it again. Things that weren't handled in EA are being dealt with now if new reports are being made for them.

• Like 1

Share this comment

11 hours ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Report it again. Things that weren't handled in EA are being dealt with now if new reports are being made for them.

i was not the only one reporting this from a long time now: 

thread 1 08-21-2018

thread 2 02-16-2019

thread 3 01-29-2019

thread 4 08-15-2018

the bug keeps being ignored, at this point another report is going to do nothing.

you can only do 2 things:

1. kill all the pikos and their trees to the point of extinction.
  2. avoid piko's areas
Edited by madskull

Share this comment

All of those reports are from early access. Like I said, some issues that were reported but not dealt with in EA are being handled now if a new report is made. But if you don't want to do it, that's your call.

• Like 1

Share this comment