permanent fog?

madskull
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

with the last update the fog in humid season is now permanent until next season instead of a short event of 1-3 mins like before? this due i been waiting for 4 consecutive days and the fog doesnt go away despite before it lasted  maximum 1 day and gave a little respite to do something more, but now after the last patch i been waiting (near 5 days now) and the fog continue without give any rest.

before the 05-29-19 patch, if you enter to your house or some ruins then going into a secondary room, 90% of time the fog fade away when you go outside, obviously this was a bug, but now, it seems it does the opposite, it reset the fog timer each time you go inside any cave/building. making 4-5 days of consecutive fog possible without a rest.

Steps to Reproduce
wait to humid season, wait for the fog to hit, the fog doesn't give any rest or the "event" never ends, entering to buildings/caves/ruins it seems "reset" the fog time.

User Feedback

yeah confirmed, full season 11 days and nights of 100% fog, no rain, no rest. entering buildings/ruins/caves reset the fog timer and possibly stacking it making fog permanent until next season, it never give a chance to the rain to come, so making items like umbrellas or other rain related items completely useless, in a plain world like vanilla DS, RoG, SW where you dont enter rooms isnt a big issue, but in hamlet making 11 consecutive days of "blinded" mode totally ruins the mood (since blinding and stunning are the most hated mechanics in any video game).

maybe to avoid this in the future the link between event timers and rooms need be severed and more related to the open world instead, otherwise it broke the game making it too easy (ending fog whatever you want when entering to a building) or making it unnecessary hard (permanent fog blind mode).

Edited by madskull

Share this comment

Does it persist after a save/load?

In that case, could you submit your savegame through Main Menu>Options>Report bug? Mention the issue and the saveslot and it'll upload your savegame for us to take a look at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

yeah it persist after a save/load, the fog never goes off. sending the save in a moment, the slot is save 4, the one using wendy.

thanks a lot for the amazing support, the way you answer back to these issues put to shame big $ companies. 

btw, im not using any mod(s).

Edited by madskull
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

I can confirm I have this same exact issue, but with rain as well, its been a whole hamlet year, constant raining in all seasons and permenant fog in humid season. Happened since the last update.

Share this comment

any update of this bug, please? or there is any console command to remove temporally the fog? honestly i dont want to play anymore in "blinded" status is discouraging.

Edited by madskull

Share this comment

We have not had a chance to look at this yet. To make sure I understand correct, are you talking about fog or about the hayfever overlay effect (asking because you mention 'blinded').

Trying to figure out if I can see how to turn it off for you.

Edited:

For now you could try:

GetPlayer():PushEvent("stopfog")

I suspect it'll come back as soon as you exit an interior though..

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

12 hours ago, bizziboi said:

We have not had a chance to look at this yet. To make sure I understand correct, are you talking about fog or about the hayfever overlay effect (asking because you mention 'blinded').

Trying to figure out if I can see how to turn it off for you.

Edited:

For now you could try:

thanks a lot, was asking due the permanent fog, the hay fever and heavy rain can be handled from a way to other, but the fog is maybe the most difficult to handle. doesnt matter if only is a moment, only need a rest from the fog, to visit a ruin without having my butt chewed by snap tooth plants than i cant see.

btw... i reproduce it again in a new world, can confirm it, again the fog become permanent after exit from a building/ruin .3 days of permanent fog, guess it gonna continue this way until the next season.

*UPDATE*

12 hours ago, bizziboi said:

your suspicions were correct, the fog effects (but not the fog overlay) returns after you exit an interior despite using the previous command. still i can handle it with the info you gave us, thanks.

Edited by madskull

Share this comment

On 5/31/2019 at 2:11 AM, Chakrams said:

I can confirm I have this same exact issue, but with rain as well, its been a whole hamlet year, constant raining in all seasons and permenant fog in humid season. Happened since the last update.

yup, same issue like the permanent fog, permanent rain in other seasons like lush, the first day of season change is normal there is a little of rain, winds, etc.. but after that it turns to permanent rain, the funny thing this rain doesn't turn wet the objects or mobs, was hoping to have nettles all the year, but i guess the "natural" wet status is deactivated in lush season plus the rain only gives 1-2 points of humidity each minute, super low value, . isnt a big deal. but the bug persist.

*NEW UPDATE* 

Hopefully the last one, it seems the rain/fog/wind events are fixed now, my guess its due the update hit a few days ago  it affected current save files, bugging the current season cycle, when it ended, created a new clean season cycle with all the climate events working correctly, in my previous post i used a "new" slot, but it already was a game with 1 day started, pre-patch. so this one was bugged also.

So in short: if you have the perma-fog/rain/wind, you have 2 options:

1.- survive that season cycle (temperate, humid, lush), when it start again, is going to be bug free. for the perma-fog use the command than bizziboi did us the favour of gave us early: 

rain and wind arent so much of a problem.

2.- or start a full clean game.

thanks again to the devs for the fast answer.

Edited by madskull

Share this comment

On 6/1/2019 at 7:12 PM, madskull said:

1.- survive that season cycle (temperate, humid, lush), when it start again, is going to be bug free. for the perma-fog use the command than bizziboi did us the favour of gave us early: 

I'm going to try and see, but this should be fixed in a new update right ?

Share this comment

13 hours ago, Chakrams said:

I'm going to try and see, but this should be fixed in a new update right ?

only play a little longer and is fixed in the next season cycle, after the bugged cycle ended (the one affected by the update) in my current game, all the fog/wind/rain events works perfectly. a new game is unaffected since it start "clean". this bug only affect old saves, but if you play a little more it fix itself, no idea if the devs going to patch it later, but until the next update, i think a lot of people already move on or played enough to fix the bug, im in day 172 without any issue, the bug affected me in day 61 and finished in day 92, no more issues until now they were: 11 days permanent fog endured by the "fog clean command" and 20 days permanent low rain, only giving 1-2 wetness in total. nothing you cant handle, the last one disabled the strong winds totally and the wetness was a joke, sadly my nettles wines wont benefit from this rain.

Edited by madskull

Share this comment

you guys could use the mod "to many items" it has the command options to start and stop rain, fog....

Share this comment