Missing aporkalapse calander

Intuitive
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

I have double checked every room in the ruins with the Ends Well, and for the life of me I cannot find the cracked wall that should lead to the calendar.

calanderruins.png

Steps to Reproduce
Explore the entirety of the Ends Well ruins.

User Feedback

calanderruins.thumb.png.b5f76a2c14158472255d8ba176cbfa7f.thumb.png.9fb6e27e7ba285f559ba82c5698d5ed6.png

Did you check the south side of some of these rooms as well (marked in red)? Since the southern wall of a room is not shown in the game, you can only see some cracks on the floor which indicates where the cracked wall is.

Share this comment

Ah, I didn’t know that. Thanks, I’ll have to check when I next play.

Edit: So I checked all of the areas you marked, and I didn’t see any sort of cracks on the bottom. Could it be that since my crafting tabs block the left walls there could be one on the left side of a wall somewhere? I only have 1 gunpowder left.

Edited by Intuitive

Share this comment

Could it be that since my crafting tabs block the left walls there could be one on the left side of a wall somewhere?

I don't really know lol. May be it is indeed a world gen issue hahaha.

if you upload your save file I will search for it. My crafting tab isn't blocking my screen as much and I can see the wall on the left side.

Share this comment

I may be mistaken, but I think the game avoids placing secret rooms that can only be accessed from the north.

13 hours ago, Intuitive said:

So to upload a save I go to the report a bug option from in game right? I don’t quite remember.

This wouldn't be helpful to him as he's not Klei staff. You'd have to zip it up and upload it here.

If you're absolutely certain there's no possibility left except a crack hidden on the left side of the screen, there's only two rooms you need to check: the left room in the topmost row on the map, and the leftmost room in the bottom row. Those are the only places where a room could have been placed that would have an entrance that might be covered up by the crafting bar that wouldn't have resulted in visible cracks in another room by which to find them.

Share this comment

I would suggest trying to run the game windowed so that you can get the correct aspect ratio (or resizing the window), then your left exit should be visible, it seems the game is running in a really strange aspect ratio, whereas it should be 16x9.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

Yes! I finally found it! It turns out you were right about the aspect ratio being really weird. It only took me a minute to find it after windowing it. Thank you! Do you know of any way to fix it besides windowing it? 

• Like 1

Share this comment

I am not sure in DS if it's fixable as is. I believe DST letterboxes to keep the aspect ratio - apparently DS does not.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment