Massive spike in awake entities at certain points of the map

QuartzBeam
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

DISCLAIMER: This save file (slot 1) was made before the Interiors beta, then transferred to it and finally transferred back to the live version after Hamlet left early access.

In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that going to certain points in the map causes a massive spike in the number of awake entities. In just a few steps, the awake entity count goes from 3k-5k (the standards numbers in and around my city) all the way up to 12k or so. These entities do not actually seem to exist. I cannot see them anywhere nor interact with them, nor do I what kind of entities they actually are. Unfortunately, that does not stop them from tanking my fps to single digits.

I first noticed this occurence at the location depicted in the first screenshot. I think this was shortly after the bugfix had come out that removed things that had been pushed off the edges of the map by Lush season's winds. This spot has been entity-overloaded ever since. Now, right after the Dynamic Asset Loading update, I've noticed this in the location depicted in the second screenshot as well. Interestingly, both locations are near the waterfalls of a lily pond biome.

20190615011731_1.jpg

20190615011813_1.jpg

remote.7z

Steps to Reproduce
1. Go to locations depicted in screenshots. 2. Awake entity count goes up by several thousands.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Thanks for the report - this will be fixed in the next update - however you'll have to save and reload your world once with the fix for it to resolve itself.

At least, it fixes the huge awake entity count. I am not sure it makes a huge difference in framerate.

"Interestingly, both locations are near the waterfalls of a lily pond biome"

You called it here.It was the waterfalls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment