Items Under Cursor Activates Right Click Action of Tool Rather Than Dropping the Item

lakhnish
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Closed

Fill up your inventory so that's it full. For your hand slot, have a Walking Cane equipped (an item that doesn't have a right click action). Pick up an item on the ground so it's under your cursor, hit the right mouse button. See that the item is dropped onto the floor.

Now do the same thing, except equip a Lazy Explorer (which I got from the Pig Ruins). Notice that instead of dropping the item on the floor, the Lazy Explorer activates. This happens with other items that have right click actions to them, such as Bug Begone.

5d00350e972de_rightclickdropinconsistency.gif.dd202b82a6129c44b9ff06757c7532bc.gif

Steps to Reproduce
Fill up your inventory so that's it full. For your hand slot, have a Walking Cane equipped (an item that doesn't have a right click action). Pick up an item on the ground so it's under your cursor, hit the right mouse button. See that the item is dropped onto the floor. Now do the same thing, except equip a Lazy Explorer (which I got from the Pig Ruins). Notice that instead of dropping the item on the floor, the Lazy Explorer activates.

User Feedback

Maybe I'm missing a nuance here. From what I can tell, everything is working as expected.  When something in your hand doesn't have a right click action it defaults to putting he cursor item in your inventory (or dropping it if the inventory is full). But if your hand item does have a right click action (like the lazy explorer) it does that action. There's a tooltip near the cursor that says "<RMB IMG>: Telepoof". When that is present, that's what it will do.

Share this comment

On 6/13/2019 at 8:11 PM, Jason said:

Maybe I'm missing a nuance here. From what I can tell, everything is working as expected.  When something in your hand doesn't have a right click action it defaults to putting he cursor item in your inventory (or dropping it if the inventory is full). But if your hand item does have a right click action (like the lazy explorer) it does that action. There's a tooltip near the cursor that says "<RMB IMG>: Telepoof". When that is present, that's what it will do.

The nuance is that is results in unwanted right click actions when holding an item since I'm primarily using items with left click actions. When I'm now holding the Lazy Explorer, my reinforced behavior from constantly right clicking to drop items from before now results in mistakenly Telepoofing, since I'm not reading the prompt by rather relying on my past behavior. 

This becomes prominent when I'm about to enter combat with an item under my mouse. If it was a walking cane, I would just simply right click and drop the item on the floor to engage in combat. However, since the Lazy Explorer usage has a higher priority, it results in me mistakenly using the Explorer when I didn't want to. To prevent this behavior, I now just instead drop items on the floor via the mouse if it's under my cursor at all times, making it so I never use this right-click feature. 

However, I have learnt to deal with it, so a change may not be necessary. Thanks for responding! :wilson_love:

Share this comment