Inventory/Crafting SFX Glitch

Elkins
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Closed

Since about halfway through the Beta, an interesting bug occurred. If I am using a PS4 controller and I craft something in the crafting menu, it causes a sound issue to occur. After I've crafted, every single time I turn the camera, the crafting menu opening/closing sound can be heard. The only thing that I found that stops this is if I press the right trigger (default controls) to open the inventory. This works most of the time, but it's not guaranteed to fix it.

I do not use any third party program to use the PS4 controller. I simply use Steam and the Don't Starve Hamlet game. I also do not use any mods when this occurs.

Don't Starve is easily one of my favorite games and I love the Hamlet expansion to death, but I turn the camera in the game a lot, and it is incredibly irritating to have to listen to the incessant clicking of a sound effect that should not be there. Having to open the inventory (which pauses the game) so incredibly often really breaks the flow for me and I simply haven't been able to enjoy this game in a while as a result of it.

You guys do amazing work, so I have faith you can figure this out. Thank you!

Steps to Reproduce
Create a mod-free world in Hamlet using Steam and a PS4 controller. Craft something in the crafting menu (literally anything) then begin turning the camera. Viola; unintended sound effect. Open inventory to temporarily correct.

This issue has been closed either because it is not a bug or does not belong in the bug tracker.

Report Bug

User Feedback

Hmmm, strange

Could you check if it still happens if you reset the controls for controller in Main Menu>Options>Controls?

Share this comment

Well, now I just feel silly.

You absolutely called it. I would have never thought to check that since the game was updating so frequently and I hadn't messed with those settings since Shipwrecked was in Beta. Thank you so very much. I'm going to go menace the hell out of some royal pig guards.

• Like 1

Share this comment