Infroggles don't detect any heat-bearing structures as heat sources

Portmanteau
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Don't know for sure if this is a bug or for some reason intended but this has been really annoying me for a while. Heat bearing structures like the campfire, firepit, or chiminea for just some examples don't give off heat signatures when wearing the Infroggles.

image.thumb.png.7a32d6e252dedac011adce0ecbe0f691.png

As a side note cause I don't want to make yet another bug report about the Infroggles in one hour, some creatures like the Snaptooth for example which probably shouldn't have heat signatures for some reason do. Pretty sure this is a bug too.

Steps to Reproduce
See above. I'm tired of writing steps down.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it's a bug. This is clearly intended behavior. Whether or not it should be is a matter for the suggestions forum.

Share this comment

44 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it's a bug. This is clearly intended behavior. Whether or not it should be is a matter for the suggestions forum.

I really can't see how this could look at all like intended behavior given the Infroggles are clearly supposed to be thermal goggles, not strictly life-sign detecting goggles. If the intention is that they are purely life-sign detecting goggles then perhaps a different look should have been used instead of a thermal filter then for it. But thats just my opinion.

Edited by Portmanteau

Share this comment

10 minutes ago, Portmanteau said:

I really can't see how this could look at all like intended behavior given the Infroggles are clearly supposed to be thermal goggles, not strictly life-sign detecting goggles. If the intention is that they are purely life-sign detecting goggles then perhaps a different look should have been used instead of a thermal filter then for it. But thats just my opinion.

Again, the fact that it's not perfectly logical is irrelevant. You answered your own question: it looks like intended behavior because despite obviously being a gag on thermal goggles, all it reacts to is life. Surely you can't think they actually forgot about fire, one of the most fundamental components of game play? They never once walked by a light source while wearing them during testing?

Science in the world of Don't Starve starts with a machine made of logs, some rocks, a couple of wooden wheels, and a lever, all situated on a stool. Check logic at the door.

Edited by Faintly Macabre

Share this comment