Hamlet Worldcustomization

Revior
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Closed

Several customization Options for worldgen dont seem to Impact anything. 

For instance Aloe, Asparagus and Radishes spawn regardless of the amount set.

Another Thing is Generation of several other entities, such as jungle ferns, canopy vines, trees, etc, do not get impacted unless set to "None"

This can also be proven by running c_countprefabs("prefab") in both a world with one of the above set to Default and another world with them set to "less" and comparing the numbers.

Steps to Reproduce
Create a world with one of the mentioned prefabs set to "Default" and another set to "less". After running c_countprefabs("prefab_that_gets_tested") on both Worlds and comparing the numbers it should be clear this is an issue.

User Feedback

Things seemed to be working for me here. Setting Aloe to LOTS has a lot more spawn in the plains for example. 

The range maybe isn't as extreme as you were expecting?

Share this comment

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Things seemed to be working for me here. Setting Aloe to LOTS has a lot more spawn in the plains for example. 

The range maybe isn't as extreme as you were expecting?

Did you test it with Rainforest trees too though? Because that's what I tested it with and there it didn't Show any significant changes in number. With Things like Aloe, radishes and asparagus I actually more noticed that they do not get impacted by the "None" worldgen Option and figured they probably don't get impacted by the worldgen at all. 

However Rainforesttrees and Jungle Ferns do not Change in number when set to less (I checked multiple times now)

And on top of that hanging_vine and grabbing_vine basically quadrupled when set to less, which is… concerning

Share this comment