Gobblers reduce "durability" of berry bushes each time they hide in it.

madskull
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Cant find anything about this if its intended behavior or not, but each time a gobbler jumps into a replanted berry bush it "consume" 1 round of use, despite of having berries or not for example:

1.- in a recently fertilized berry bush with fruits ready to harvest, the berries shows "bigger" but if the gobbler jumps into that bush, the berries arent consumed but diminish their size to their next "depleted" state.

2.-if the globber jumps to a near depleted berry bush (1 harvest more before withering) with or without berries, the bush whiter immediately.

3.- this doesnt affect "natural" spawned berry bushes.

i saw this behavior in hamlet only. not sure if its around other expansions like RoG or SW, i dont checked it yet.

Steps to Reproduce
plant a few berry bushes, let a gobbler spawns, wait for him to hide in a nearly bush at dusk, watch how it "consume" one use of that bush despite it doesnt eat the berries.

User Feedback

This is intended.

The type of fertilizer used matters.

Poop = 5 harvest, rot and rotten egg= 3 harvests, Guano= 7 or 8 (I forget which number is correct).

Each time a globber jump into a berry bush it consume 1 harvest count. Natural spawned berry bush has unlimited counts of harvests hence is not affected by globber. Harvest your berry bush during the day if you find this issue annoying.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Mday said:

The type of fertilizer used matters.

Poop = 5 harvest, rot and rotten egg= 3 harvests, Guano= 7 or 8 (I forget which number is correct).

This is not at all true, and I don't understand why you stated those first two numbers so confidently. The max amount of harvests for a berry bush before needing fertilizer is 4-5 (it's random, depending on the bush), regardless of fertilizer used. The only place where fertilizer quality matters is farms.

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

This is not at all true, and I don't understand why you stated those first two numbers so confidently. The max amount of harvests for a berry bush before needing fertilizer is 4-5 (it's random, depending on the bush), regardless of fertilizer used. The only place where fertilizer quality matters is farms.

Opps. I just tested it on both DS and DST and you are right.

I remember these numbers from way back when guano was introduced to the game. Did some tests back then to see how different they are. Which is why I have always save the rots for grass tuft(use to be 13 grass harvest per rot, now is 20, same as poop) and poop for berry bush. Things must have changed over the years.

Share this comment