Game terminated when entering cave 2. level

krylincy
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Known Issue

there was no error screen. but in the log:

[01:04:35]: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/map/forest_map.lua(413,1) Creating story...    
[01:04:35]: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/map/storygen.lua(1534,1) Building DEFAULT STORY    table: 166B4958    
[01:04:35]: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/map/storygen.lua(909,1) LinkNodesByKeys    
[01:04:35]: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/map/forest_map.lua(479,1) Baking map...    150    550    20    
[01:04:35]: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/map/forest_map.lua(505,1) Map Baked!    
[01:04:35]: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/map/forest_map.lua(548,1) Encoding...    
[01:04:35]: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/map/forest_map.lua(552,1) Encoding... DONE    
[01:04:35]: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/map/forest_map.lua(654,1) Checking Tags    
[01:04:35]: Assert failure 'idx < ((uint32_t)(mWidth*mHeight))' at c:\jenkins\workspace\jobs\DontStarve_Release_Make_Steam_Package\workspace\source\game/level/TileGrid.h(59): Trace follows...

and there was no trace following, its the end of the file. is there a problem with the steam updater?

Steps to Reproduce
go from the cave level 1 to the cave level 2
  • Like 1

User Feedback

We've had this happen but we haven't found the cause of it yet. In our cases, we've been able to restart the game and load the level though. Was this true for you too?

Share this comment

Yes, i just load the save and there i was in cave level 2, so it was fine. and no problems when i go back, and this happend only once, so maybe some unlikely circumstances. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

I've solved this issue by deleting  'cave 1' file (for me it was "cave_4_1_5"), then reenter game, generated 'cave 2' again, exited game and restored 'cave 1' file. Everything works fine now.
p.s sorry for possible grammar mistakes, english isn't my native language

Share this comment