Sign in to follow this  

Game runs in slow motion during full moons [Switch version]

athase
  • Version: Console Pending

I've noticed the game occasionally starts running in slow motion.  it still registers me running around, fighting, collecting resources etc. but the entire game is running at a greatly reduced speed making things feel very awkward.  

This has occurred on multiple occasions (but I can't recall all of them off hand, will comment with updates if I see something else that triggers it), but I know it happens on some full moons.  

Also relevant:  the slowdown persisted for the entirety of the full moon, and disappeared seconds after it ended -- i.e. it almost immediately went back to normal game speed).

I attached a clip of this slowdown (you can skip the first bit of the clip where I am staring at my map) -- starts around the 10 second mark

Steps to Reproduce

Run around and be active as a full moon is triggered  

(potentially relevant: I was playing as Wickerbottom and was insane at the time.  was also Lush season at the time but I recall it happening earlier in this world too so I don't think it's season-specific.)

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Just some additional information:  It seems like this is mainly prevalent during the Lush season.  So perhaps something to do with a combination of the brambles and the full moon (or something else Lush-season related)

More:  Night after the full moon also gave lag.  it doesn't lag during the day/dusk, only lags at night.

Will update if the next night is laggy too, might just be something with night time during lush season.  (like combo of night + insanity + brambles???)

- ye appears to be all nights of lush season (though full moon is by far the worse)

Edited by athase

Share this comment