Entering the cave skips seasons on my Hamlet enabled ROG world on Nintendo Switch.

winterbirds
  • Version: Console Pending

My world is not modded and I used default settings. I also chose Wendy as my character I started in Spring. During Summer (around day 28-30) I went into the caves to collect some lightbulbs. I was overheating as I entered the caves. As I explored I started to freeze. I left the caves during Dusk of Day 31 and there was snow on the ground and a snowbird by the entrance, so apparently it had turned Winter sometime while I was exploring the caves.

I was looking forward to Autumn (and I was not particularly prepared for winter). As far as I can tell this bug has been reported as early as 2016. I hope something can be done to fix this on Switch and other platforms because suddenly skipping a whole season is a big deal.

F3D41D42-3BB9-4208-AC7C-DB4DB03E97B7.thumb.jpeg.99c27a4797391ebd36e94a6c2078cc9a.jpeg

Edit:

I saw someone saying they only had this problem when first entering a cave. Re-entering wouldn’t trigger a season skip. I tested this out. I re-entered the cave I had entered before an exited. There was no season change. The next in-game day I entered a different cave. I started picking grass in the sunken forest when before my eyes it started to wither along with a berry bush. I had a good feeling it turned summer as soon as I entered the caves. Turns out it absolutely did turn summer. And since I started freezing while spelunking the first cave for the first time I can only assume it had turned winter immediately after entering the first cave as well. So the problem with my save is that whenever I enter a new cave system, a season is skipped. I changed the steps to reproduce accordingly.

Also, I have entered the caves a total of three times, and each time there was a hound attack a day later (the cave entries were not far apart from each other in time; the second two were a day apart so that’s two hound attacks and two days). Each hound attack contained only one hound. The first two had a normal hound and the last one had a fire hound. There should be at least two hounds each attack and they should not be a day apart. Clearly this has something to do with me entering or exiting the caves.

Steps to Reproduce

Create an ROG save with default settings and Hamlet enabled on a Nintendo Switch. Choose Wendy as your character. Enter a cave system you have not entered before.

User Feedback

I created a new world (same settings and character) and started on Spring again (for some reason I only ever start on Spring on Switch even when I always have both selected). I went into the caves night of Day 1 and emerged pretty much immediately to see if the seasons skipped again and it was Winter.

Summer skipped to Winter.

Winter skipped to Summer.

Spring skipped to Winter.

Now I’m going to create another world but force it to start in Autumn (the last seven games or so at least have all started in Spring).

This time I went into the cave day of Day 1 and no season change. Idk if the day or time of day affects things. However I still got the weird one-hound attack.

DEFD154B-409C-430A-A5A4-1366093CACF0.thumb.jpeg.e98d12396d24a70e6b4086bf74078bbe.jpeg

CCB6EA3D-060B-498F-A179-87F4E301FBC2.thumb.jpeg.8cd20ac399ddc68b0fd6c52ded4223e5.jpeg

Share this comment