Crashing Issues, especially when exiting caves or rooms

Nyla Smokeyface
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Closed

I've experienced constant crashes throughout weeks of playing Hamlet.

It sometimes occurs when I leave caves or the Slanty Shanty

But it ESPECIALLY occurs when leaving the BFB cave. It always happens and it's exhausting to have to save and quit before doing anything.

Since Hamlet is almost ready, I thought it would be good to mention that this is occurring, especially constantly.

Update: I just tried entering a cave cleft and it crashed :I

Steps to Reproduce
It'll sometimes happen when I exit cave clefts or even the Slanty Shanty. But it always happens after I go through the BFB cave's exit. It'll sometimes happen once I go through the door, or it'll sometimes happen when I get to the cave cleft and I try going outside to the mainland.

User Feedback

That's strange. Do you get an error screen or anything? Are you using any mods?

Asking because there's no other users reporting this so it may be something on your end.

Share this comment

18 hours ago, bizziboi said:

That's strange. Do you get an error screen or anything? Are you using any mods?

Asking because there's no other users reporting this so it may be something on your end.

I mean, I do get a popup where it's says it unexpectedly quit, but it's not from the game itself. It's this kind of popup:

5ce17cbb563d5_errorpopup.thumb.png.af7519088995c42942dead6d409f09ef.png

(Except it's obviously for Don't Starve. I just googled this sort of popup, this isn't the one I actually got. I could take a screenshot of it next time it happens)

I do have mods enabled. However, they're more tweaks and I don't have problems when I play regular Don't Starve or ROG. They are the Geometric Placement mod, the Extended Map Icons mod, Map Reveal Radius, Wormhole Marks, and a Reset Camera View mod.

If it helps, I'm also in the Hamlet-interiors beta.

Share this comment

Hmmm, I would still suggest trying without mods, I agree they seem harmless, but just to rule it out.

(I would also suggest leaving the beta as there are bugs that are fixed in release but not in the beta)

Share this comment

2 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Hmmm, I would still suggest trying without mods, I agree they seem harmless, but just to rule it out.

(I would also suggest leaving the beta as there are bugs that are fixed in release but not in the beta)

Okay, I'll try! thanks a million!

Quick Question: how to i import my saves from the beta to the nonbeta?

Share this comment

There is no supported way to bring your beta save back to the release version, but if you are comfortable backing up saves you can copy the saves from the interior beta to the regular save directory.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, bizziboi said:

There is no supported way to bring your beta save back to the release version, but if you are comfortable backing up saves you can copy the saves from the interior beta to the regular save directory.

How exactly would I do that?

Share this comment

Yes, but I would first make a copy of everything in the remote folder in case stuff goes wrong. This is not without risk, especially if you're using Steam Cloud. Make sure steam and the game are both shut down when you do this.

Also, you will lose everything you had in the game before beta, so if you did not start the beta by importing your worlds your old worlds would be gone.

If things succeed steam will likely say 'local files differ from cloud storage, do you want to use the local files or the cloud files', you should then answer that with 'local files'.

Please note: If anything goes wrong, you lose all your saves. Steam can be very touchy about messing with its storage.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

So it seemed to work at first, however, when I logged into my world it restarted my world. It was a hamlet world so I'm not sure if it was supposed to restart?

5ce47557c7a52_ScreenShot2019-05-21at6_01_04PM.thumb.png.b592b8b184a70b78519850c745b5f7e6.png

This is what my 219740 folder looks like. I accidentally pasted some of the stuff in there and I was too scared to remove it.

when I pasted the world into the remote folder, I hit "Replace" when it asked about duplicates.

Do you have any idea of where I went wrong?

Steam Cloud is off for DS, by the way

This is what my interiors folder looks like:

5ce4763dabbdd_ScreenShot2019-05-21at6_04_14PM.thumb.png.590e8247a34095dbf47b08e9d5c167f3.png

Sorry to trouble you with this ^^'

Edited by Nyla Smokeyface

Share this comment