Controller: Placing cursor on certain plantables in inventory causes targetting of normally untargetable things

Faintly Macabre
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

If you place the cursor in your inventory over certain placeable items, some items that normally aren't supposed to be targettable may be caught by controller play's auto-targeting, like so

image.thumb.png.0a1e8ca27c3bf7792a17a11fee0992d9.png

I initially noticed this walking around as Wormwood with ordinary seeds under my cursor. This doesn't seem to be an issue with other placeables like grass tufts.

Steps to Reproduce
While playing on a controller, move the inventory cursor over seeds or seed pod around objects that shouldn't normally be targetted, like deep rainforest foliage

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Thanks for the report.

This should be fixed for the jungle ferns in the next update - if you notice any others please let me know!

Share this comment

On 5/28/2019 at 5:01 PM, bizziboi said:

Thanks for the report.

This should be fixed for the jungle ferns in the next update - if you notice any others please let me know!

Another one here. I'm actually not even sure what this one is supposed to be.

image.thumb.png.ad5fac2b391cb4ce06c3fd21b983c3f5.png

Should I open a new issue every time I find one of these or just poke you in this thread?

Share this comment

Thanks,I have a follow on this thread, so here will work just fine :) 

If you can, in a mysterious case like this, it would be helpful if you can save there and submit a bug report from Main Menu>Options>Report bug and mention the issue - I know, it's a bit of a hassle, but must admit I too have no idea what he's looking at, and then I'll have the save file to debug what it might be.

Share this comment

Submitted. Description has this issue's ID in it, R19289. And no sweat!

Edited by Faintly Macabre

Share this comment

4 hours ago, bizziboi said:

This one should be fixed in the next update.

Awesome, thanks. Out of curiosity, what was that?

Share this comment