Can't build doors in slanty shanty

hhh2
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Trying to build any door in slanty shanty causes a crash. I have no idea what's causing this but it started a week ago for me and ever since it started it's stuck like this. Only mod i had enabled was geometric placement. I've tried reinstalling, deleting all files from Documents/Klei/dontstarve and Steam/steamapps/commmon/dontstarve then uninstalling and resinstalling many many times removing all files from steam cloud, disabling steam cloud yet it still is broken. Unless there's something left on my computer that i couldn't possibly know about, steam is handing out broken files or something.

image.thumb.png.87e01cf89499f61feccc3a666d6f177b.png

Steps to Reproduce

1. build slanty shanty

2. build door

3. crash...

User Feedback

Update: So this is 100% a bug but i think i figured out what's causing it. 

Basically i'm using the interact key to place structures including the doors and this causes a crash (for some reason) i suspect it's because maybe the game thinks i am trying to use the door before it's placed or something??? So to recap: it's not mods, it's not anything wrong with the files, it's just good old bugs which nobody has seemed to notice. 

I am now just going to add some search terms so unlucky people running into the same issuse can find this thread on google.

Can't build door hamlet 

hamlet door crash

hamlet no expansion

hamlet animdata (a nil value)

Oh and i still haven't figured out why the windows are being placed sideways but i don't even know if you can place them front facing :crushed:

Edit: nvm this also is the reason windows were placed sideways...

Just for proof that this 100% happens due to a bug and it's not any file corruption here's a screen shot of both a door and some ordainments placed by clicking the and one placed by using the interact key (space by default), notice how the one placed with the interact key is broken and stuff. I even had a HUD mod to show it's not mods. GRRRR I am so mad this took me 2 hours of non stop testing to fix

image.thumb.png.980ea5fef4d5f4bd43dfbdb6b95ee6a3.png

image.thumb.png.1e233847be80656a5de15ab5641b9dc7.png

Edited by hhh2
my tears
  • Like 1

Share this comment

I went through a rare bug a few times, the last time, just now: a hamlet bug where you try to hammer a rug and the game freezes and the world gets "corrupted". There is no way to enter the map again, there is always "out of memory". With me there's always something above the rug, but I just can't reproduce it. There is nothing in the logs other than preload failures :(

Share this comment

i cannot place doors without a crash regardless of using action key or mouse. I really want a second room! Any advice?

Share this comment

On 5/26/2022 at 2:47 PM, ArcaneM37 said:

i cannot place doors without a crash regardless of using action key or mouse. I really want a second room! Any advice?

PC? Check your files on steam. I have no problems using click.

Share this comment