The Stealing Exploit.

Drewey09
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

There is an easily a usable exploit (which you probably already know about) that I would like to inform you of. There are two versions of this exploit, one is what I like to call the “Easy way” and the other is called the “Very Easy Way”. 

For starters, let me give a breakdown of how this bug occurs. In shops, there is a high chance that the desk the shop keepers stand at will break (I have not narrowed down the cause of this yet). This will cause the shop keepers to act like ordinary pigs and shop keepers at the same time. They will run off to the side of their shop, and sleep when night comes. Now let’s talk about the exploits.

The first is the “Easy Way”:

This is an exploit that lets you steal numerous items in one night. When the shop keeper falls asleep, you are able to steal things, after taking as many items as you want, take an item attempt to “give” it to the shop keeper, (Such as a log). This will then wake up said shop keeper and they will restock the cases and you can continue to steal. This is nowhere near as bad as the “Very Easy Way”.

The “Very Easy Way”:

This exploit is a nasty one that can be heavily abused as soon as Day 2. Like the “Easy Way”, the “Very Easy Way” also uses shopkeepers. Here is what the exploit allows you to do, you are able to infinitely steal items throughout dusk and the night. The shop keeper will be awake however you will still have the option to steal items off the shelves, meaning that you can constantly steal items while the shop keeper constantly restocks them. You do NOT have to continuously wake the shop keeper up meaning you are able to steal much more items (I stole about 160 Tenpiece oincs in one night, this also summoned about 30 Krampuses at the same time). Here’s how to actually achieve this glitch, enter the shop at day or dusk, wait until the pig falls asleep at night, exit the shop. Then enter the shop at dusk the following day and steal something before the pig wakes back up (You have quite a bit of time to do this). This will achieve the exploit I described above.

(PLEASE NOTE: I have done this numerous times on multiple saves, I have an image of me standing in about 400 Security Contracts if you need proof of any sort.) 

Steps to Reproduce
These steps are listed in the Issue Description section of my post.

User Feedback

Hi,

Found the same exploit to be working for me.

Only Mayor wend asleep though. Was able to do the steps in The “Very Easy Way” except I didn't need to 'steal something' before the shopkeeper awakes. In my case I just waited for the next night(sleep time) and was able to get as many items I want(pig wasn't sleeping and were restocking items)

Thanks

Share this comment