Suddenly permanently(?) Re-Locked Slanty Shanty

user1464576869
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

I bought the Slanty Shanty very early in the game and left my deed inside the house on a shelf. During a night of vampire bats attacking me right outside my door I decided to simply bail the entire scenario since I did not fancy the idea of the guards torching my garden up in a blaze. However they seemed to have managed some collateral damage after all while I was running.

I didn't see any of the things burn up, especially the house. I only assume it happened off screen, because when I got back in the morning the house was actually all fine already. Wish I could say the same about the garden. Perhaps it was repaired by one of the workers. I'm just more than a little annoyed he apparently decided to change the locks on me as well, now I can't get in at all.

I can't access my old deed inside, I can't buy a new deed, and I already tried to hammer it all down and up, back and forth to no avail. That only managed to make the guards upset at me for trying to burgle my way inside my own house.

TL;DR:   I suspect my house burned down and got repaired off-screen. And now it's permanently locked again somehow.

5c3d36d3123e8_Skarmavbild2019-01-15kl_02_08_13.thumb.png.6b18a734e43b2a2619ae426cce94192f.png

Very insightful screenshot of me being locked out on a cold night.

Steps to Reproduce
Get a Slanty Shanty to burn down and also repair it, but all of that might need to happen off screen, maybe (?)

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Thanks for the report. We'll look into it. As for now, you can probably get in with the console command:
c_give"deed"

• Like 1

Share this comment

@Cosheeta

Could you go to Main Menu>Options>Report Bug, mention the saveslot and the issue and submit?

It'll upload your savegame - I'd love to take a look at it.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, bizziboi said:

@Cosheeta

Could you go to Main Menu>Options>Report Bug, mention the saveslot and the issue and submit?

It'll upload your savegame - I'd love to take a look at it.

Thanks!

I will! Unfortunately at this point I had already gotten ahead of myself and spawned in a new deed, the Slanty Shanty is unlocked in that save now! Should I still upload it for you?

Share this comment

Alas, if you get in again what I was hoping to learn from it won't be there anymore. Well, at least you can get in again!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Alas, if you get in again what I was hoping to learn from it won't be there anymore. Well, at least you can get in again!

D'oh! sorry I got too excited

• Like 1

Share this comment

I was finally able to replicate this thanks to a submitted save :)

It should not happen anymore after the next patch.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment