Stuck underneath BFB's head

GuacBoy
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

image.thumb.png.2461d67cd754e1fb2500a60ed958fe7b.png

Saved and quitted, still reloaded into this scenario. I can't move, but the Roc won't open its mouth and eat me like it usually does. Is there any way out of this?

Steps to Reproduce
Let the Roc eat you as Wilba? Not sure.

User Feedback

This is a bug I have encountered numerous times while trying to get the ROC to eat me. Unfortunately there is no way to get out of this bug legitimately (you can’t Alt - F4 because you saved and reload, but you can use console). And it occurs with any character if you run underneath the ROC’s head when it spawns initially. 

Share this comment

Same bug here. I used the console to turn on God Mode, then waited to see if BFB would disappear. It flies off as soon as night starts, however you never regain the ability to move. Closing the game and restarting after that point gives you the ability to move again, but you're stuck frozen for an entire day.

20181117235442_1.jpg

Share this comment

Everyone here, @isaachipkiss @thegreatmamaski @Drewey09 @MadamDoombuggy, there is a workaround for this:

• Move cursor into safe spot on screen
  • Open console with tilde sign "~"
  • Type c_move(GetPlayer()) 
  • Press Enter
  • Once moved, save and exit
  • Return to save game
  • BFB will proceed to take you away

This will at least save your game, also don't feel bad about using console this way if it saves your world to let you play for much longer (and hopefully find out more bugs in late-game). It's in early access so every new bug report is appreciated. Cheers.

Share this comment

@Zillvr

Just tried your workaround and it got me out of it, many thanks!

It didn´t work first time because I save quit before BFB could do his thing (had to give him some time). 
I´ll link your answer in a similar post I just found, some other people were stuck. 

Cheers!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Oh btw @Gaelo, the devs was asking an hour ago about people encountering this issue, if they were in godmode when it happened? Noone has replied to them yet.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Oh btw @Gaelo, the devs was asking an hour ago about people encountering this issue, if they were in godmode when it happened? Noone has replied to them yet.

I wasn’t in Godmode, I was just playing regularly, although I did go out of my way to try and get the Roc to eat me.

Share this comment

Maybe that's it, running towards the shadow somehow gets stuck?

@Gaelo @Drewey09 Could you guys submit a bug report directly in-game? In Options > Report Bug. That way, it also sends your save files so the devs can better troubleshoot issues with the game.

If you still have the same save that had this issue then go to Options > Report Bug. If you lost that world already, then do the Report Bug once it happens again in a new save.

So when in a new save and you suddenly get stuck, DO NOT DO the workaround yet. Save and exit and go to  Options then Report Bug.

When you make the report, in the description write "Stuck Under BFB/ROC in World Save #". That way the devs can see what the issue specifically is and to which save world to investigate.

After making the report, you can do the workaround and continue playing.

Share this comment

18 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Maybe that's it, running towards the shadow somehow gets stuck?

@Gaelo @Drewey09 Could you guys submit a bug report directly in-game? In Options > Report Bug. That way, it also sends your save files so the devs can better troubleshoot issues with the game.

If you still have the same save that had this issue then go to Options > Report Bug. If you lost that world already, then do the Report Bug once it happens again in a new save.

So when in a new save and you suddenly get stuck, DO NOT DO the workaround yet. Save and exit and go to  Options then Report Bug.

When you make the report, in the description write "Stuck Under BFB/ROC in World Save #". That way the devs can see what the issue specifically is and to which save world to investigate.

After making the report, you can do the workaround and continue playing.

Gotcha, I’ll do that when I can. I lost the save it happened to me in a while ago but I will see if I can recreate it.

• Like 1

Share this comment