Spider Monkeys (gorillas) don't respawn

Myfirstacc9
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

After more than ~100 days, I still haven't seen any new spider monkeys (the big black gorillas that drop silk).

They simply ceased to exist. Don't know if it's because I had killed them (100 days ago) or they simply are supposed to despawn during some season and never respawn.

Steps to Reproduce
Kill spider gorillas. Play for many days. Never see any gorillas again.

User Feedback

This is not a direct bug my friend. Spider Monkeys will not re-spawn once all have been killed.
They function much like Beefalo in that they need other Spider Monkey's around to re-populate.

Share this comment

11 hours ago, TheMetalMan said:

This is not a direct bug my friend. Spider Monkeys will not re-spawn once all have been killed.
They function much like Beefalo in that they need other Spider Monkey's around to re-populate.

Noooooooooo! :(

I thought the tree-nests were spawning them. Like the spider nest does with normal spiders.

Share this comment

21 minutes ago, Myfirstacc9 said:

Noooooooooo! :(

I thought the tree-nests were spawning them. Like the spider nest does with normal spiders.

Did you kill them all?

Share this comment

59 minutes ago, TheMetalMan said:

Did you kill them all?

I killed a lot. Don't know if I killed them all. Beetles must have killed quite a few as well.

What's certain is that I haven't seen any new gorillas at all. I guess they were all killed at some point.

Share this comment