Seaworthy breaks saves

KilliasK
  • Version: Console Pending

Using the seaworthy will eventually cause longupdate errors that break your save.

Edit: Actually, I've been testing various things and got the error again. I'm not sure what causes it. My only guess is using the seawothy or skyworthy indoors triggers it.

Steps to Reproduce
Use the seaworthy in a hamlet compatible world.

User Feedback

Hi,

Could you give more details? When this happens could you attach your log file, or select 'report bug' from the error screen and report it with a description - if an error pops up that is?

Share this comment

18 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Hi,

Could you give more details? When this happens could you attach your log file, or select 'report bug' from the error screen and report it with a description - if an error pops up that is?

Well, I've submitted this bug a couple times as a "crash on load" bug. But I think I figured out how to replicate it consistently.

The first attachment (dlc_porkland_interiors.7z) has my broken test file as Wilson under slot 2. Here's exactly what I did:

1. I started in RoG.

2.Made a house with an extra room.

3. Placed a Skyworthy in the extra room alongside an effigy

4. Went to Hamlet and did #2 and #3 but without a second effigy

5. Went back to RoG with everything functioning properly.

6.Went back to Hamlet and killed myself outside the house.

7.Everything seems to work fine until I tried to leave the extra room. When I did I got the "purgatory" bug where I had an empty room with my character nowhere to be found and being attacked by Charlie.

8.I turned on god mode and used a telestaff to escape, which teleported me to a random spot in RoG. Everything worked as normal after that.

9. Went to shipwrecked and killed myself.

10. Game crashes and the save is now broken.

The other file (dlc_porkland_interiors - Copy.7z) Has my broken Wilba file in slot 4. This was the first time the bug happened and it was upon return from shipwreck. Basically, the same stuff as above happened in that file.

I'd also like to point out that hounds can spawn offscreen in the interior if you die and respawn in RoG (if you do the above, you can see for youself). Mobs such as bees don't respect interior walls either. I submitted a bug report ingame right before typing this up. Where do I find my log file?

Edited by KilliasK

Share this comment

Thanks! I will try replicating it with your instructions.

About the log - when you submit a bug from in-game it's included, otherwise it's log.txt in Documents/Klei/Dontstarve.

Share this comment

32 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Thanks! I will try replicating it with your instructions.

About the log - when you submit a bug from in-game it's included, otherwise it's log.txt in Documents/Klei/Dontstarve.log.txt

Well I did submit a bug report, but I attached the log anyway just encase it helps. Thanks for the response!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Ah, I think I see what's going on, and if so, I thought I fixed that.

Hope I can repro it to see where I went wrong.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

18 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Ah, I think I see what's going on, and if so, I thought I fixed that.

Hope I can repro it to see where I went wrong.

Thank you for your hard work! The recent update fixed the saves.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment