Savegame consistently crashes on load

Mueck
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

When trying to load my savegame with Wilba on day 29, Don't Starve consistently shows me this error screen. Clicking the Exit Game button crashes the entire game.

5be71dde07e23_ErrorScreen.thumb.jpg.f6090925790751419840095a3738572c.jpg

I saved and closed the game earlier today without any problems. The only really weird thing that happened during gameplay was the general store shopkeeper suddenly running out of the building and leaving the shop unattended, but I doubt that's related.

I also have no mods installed and did not mess with world customization options.

log.txt

Steps to Reproduce
I'm not sure. There seems to be a problem with the items in my inventory, so I could provide the savegame if you need it.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I also had this issue on a world with WX-78 on day 41. I couldn't work out anyway to solve it. 
The first times before I tried to fix it I got that error
Then i got this after verifying game integrity
COROUTINE 114667 SCRIPT CRASH:
...ommon/don_starve/data/scripts/components/talker.lua: attempt to index field 'HUD' (a nil value)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/talker.lua(29,1) in function 'sayfn'
    C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/talker.lua(124,1)
I understood the first one kind of but not this one

Edited by tehhotdog

Share this comment

Had the exact thing happening to me today TWICE. Made a world, saved it to get some food, came back a few hours later to continue playing and it won't let me back in. Made a new world and the exact same thing happened again. 

HAM.PNG

Share this comment