no ruins leading to the 2nd village/calender island

thisisGermy
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

hello! there seems to be a problem where i cant find the ruins that lead to both the second pig village nor the calender island. this has never happened before. i thought "oh maybe theres an entrance on pugalisks island this time!", but all i got for my search was a death and a dump of all my stuff. im on day 56, and ive checked around as thoroughly as possible.

there is an island near the rocs nest, but to get there id have to spawn in the telepoof staff thing, which makes me feel bad since it would be cheating. but yknow, sometimes it really do be like that.

maybe not relevant or not, but im 90% sure i set the world size to large. again, before this, this has never happened before. thank you, i hope this helps!

1.png

2.png

3.png

Steps to Reproduce
make a new world on the large setting, see if the ruin extrances actually spawn

User Feedback

You can help the devs reproduce and track down this bug by attaching the relevant savegame file (should be "porkland_<SaveSlotNo>") or reporting the random seed that produced this map.  For the latter, you have to use the console and type "print(GetWorld().meta.seed)" and note down the number printed in the log.

Edited by JustTheBast
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

At the very top of your main island, there's a small strip if reddish biome that looks like more jungle. Is it more jungle up there? 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Jason said:

At the very top of your main island, there's a small strip if reddish biome that looks like more jungle. Is it more jungle up there? 

sorry, i should have included the whole map, but no, the only thing up there is more iron, meadow, and normal green turf. funnily enough, there isnt any other ruins up there either. i was recommended to attach the save file, but ive never done this before, so i hope i did it right! thank you for looking into this!

porkland_2

5 hours ago, JustTheBast said:

You can help the devs reproduce and track down this bug by attaching the relevant savegame file (should be "porkland_<SaveSlotNo>") or reporting the random seed that produced this map.  For the latter, you have to use the console and type "print(GetWorld().meta.seed)" and note down the number printed in the log.

thank you for this information! i wouldnt have had a clue on how to get the seed otherwise, nor would i have thought to attach the save file!

Share this comment

I checked out your savefile, and I found that the entrance that is supposed to lead to the island with the aporkalypse calendar is situated on a detached, unreachable mini-island by itself.

Porkland.png

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I can confirm that I was able to get the same map, using seed 1549244665 and the following tweaks:

tweak={
	monsters={
		adult_flytrap="rare",
		grabbing_vine="rare",
		scorpion="rare",
		mean_flytrap="rare",
		roc="never"
	},
	misc={
		brambles="never",
		lush_season="veryshortseason",
		spring="noseason",
		branching="least",
		world_size="medium",
		humid_season="shortseason",
		jungle_border_vine="rare",
		lost_relics="often",
		dart_traps="never",
		deep_jungle_fern_noise="rare",
		roads="never",
		location="porkland",
		start_setpeice="PorklandStart",
		start_node="BG_rainforest_base",
		summer="noseason"
	},
	resources={
		grass_bunches="rare",
		hanging_vine="rare"
	},
	unprepared={
		mushroom="always"
	}
}

Share this comment

12 hours ago, JustTheBast said:

I checked out your savefile, and I found that the entrance that is supposed to lead to the island with the aporkalypse calendar is situated on a detached, unreachable mini-island by itself.

Porkland.png

oof wow, thats a bummer. i had a guess it would be the island closest to roc, it just sucks that the original entrance is detached from the main island. still though, thank you so much for taking the time to find that! i thought i was going crazy.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, thisisGermy said:

oof wow, thats a bummer.

Yeah, it's sad to invest a lot of hours in a world, survive over sixty days and then get stuck with a permanent aporkalypse.

You can fix this via the console, by typing GetAporkalypse():EndAporkalypse().  The lighting will still be affected until you step into an interior and out again, since this is usually supposed to happen inside an ancient ruin.  It might also fix itself automatically when dusk or night fall; I didn't test that.

If you don't want to use the console, maybe it's possible to telepoof across from the BFB island with a Lazy Explorer?  Unfortunately, you can't acquire one in the Hamlet world, as far as I know, so you'd have to get one in a Reign of Giants world and then build a SkyWorthy there to link it to this world.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, JustTheBast said:

Yeah, it's sad to invest a lot of hours in a world, survive over sixty days and then get stuck with a permanent aporkalypse.

You can fix this via the console, by typing GetAporkalypse():EndAporkalypse().  The lighting will still be affected until you step into an interior and out again, since this is usually supposed to happen inside an ancient ruin.  It might also fix itself automatically when dusk or night fall; I didn't test that.

If you don't want to use the console, maybe it's possible to telepoof across from the BFB island with a Lazy Explorer?  Unfortunately, you can't acquire one in the Hamlet world, as far as I know, so you'd have to get one in a Reign of Giants world and then build a SkyWorthy there to link it to this world.

thank you for the help, but i think ill just restart entirely. to make the skyworthy id need the can of string, which i cant get because the second pig village ruin didnt spawn on the main island either, but thank you! if this ever happens again ill definitely use that command.

Share this comment