meteors fall inside the house (shipwrecked)

thisisGermy
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

i was really curious to see if you could avoid the meteor shower all together by staying inside a house, or if a meteor could hit the house while you were inside it. i did a bit of cheating to get the results, but im sure this happens in normal gameplay. probably. 

the first time, i waited outside, and then went inside. absolutely no hesitation; the eggs hit every spot possible without care, destroying and burning everything. the goons, like the crocos, can get stuck on the edges of the house and be there indefinitely, though they can slip past. rocks that get stuck on the side of the wall are there permanently, even if you have the lazy forager. they just be jigglin'. 

the second time, i waited inside a shop, and it pretty much had the same results. though the eggs didnt strike directly inside, the little blast rings the eggs make upon landing was enough to make everything catch on fire. anything that falls outside the boundaries of a house and cant get back stays there for every other building you enter, like goons. and so do the noises they make.

i guess this is also a good time to mention that killed off shop members are never replaced, even if their shop is destroyed via a meteor/set on fire and rebuilt with a normal hammer multiple times. course, if there were constant meteor showers within the area, i probably wouldnt want to work there either.

either way, im real glad i didnt try this out in my main save. sorry it's so long, but i hope this helps!

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

6.png

sfsfdfsdsdf.gif

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

awdwaads.png

Steps to Reproduce
wait until the meteor shower starts, go inside a building, watch the carnage rain down upon thee

User Feedback

We should be prevented from going inside when there's meteors falling from the sky. Have our character say "Being inside won't protect me!" or something because there's really no reason we should be safe inside in that scenario.

Share this comment

15 hours ago, SouthTom said:

We should be prevented from going inside when there's meteors falling from the sky. Have our character say "Being inside won't protect me!" or something because there's really no reason we should be safe inside in that scenario.

There'd probably have to be a special case for when the player is inside a house already when it starts.

Share this comment