Low FPS after the latest update.

Yekkusu
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Now, I know it's possible you guys don't see this bug report here, but just after this update I was playing for a while, created my sprinkler, got some nettle and put in a good place without monsters, got back to my home, made some meatballs and in the second the next day started (Day 137) the game just dropped fps from 30 to 5. Roc did spawn again, I let him eat me and take me away and the fps continued at 5, entered on the cavern next to it's next and the fps still low.
Checked my 300 days on shipwrecked and, 60fps ingame.

I can't take a print because there's no error just a massive fps drop that happened in the exact same time the next day started, I'm using no mods and I created my map without mods to be sure. The only thing I think it broke my fps was the Roc spawning, probably. Which is sad, but okay I think, I'll be testing from time to time to see if the fps goes back to 30 again, but after loading the shipwreck save I'm sure the problem is something about roc spawning and this last update.

If you guys need any information or even a print screen of the game I can take but I don't know if it will help. Also, if Don't starve generate a log of stuff I can put it here, just tell me how. Thanks for your time guys.

Steps to Reproduce
After the last update 295671, after the night ended and the next day started Roc spawned and the fps just got from 30 to 5. First time in 137 days.

User Feedback

That's odd, if anything, today's patch should have made performance better.

When you quit and reload the world, is it still low fps or does it return back to normal?

If it stays low, could you do as outlined in the below post?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment