Lagging game when building gas pipes (but liquid pipes are also affected but with a lower effect)

CoNq
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

When you already built a lot of gas pipes then it takes longer and longer to build new gas pipes. Every grid of a gas pipe will initiate a full map calculation for the gas flow (It's my theory) in the pipes and it is a CPU heavy action. So for example, if you build a 20 grid long gas pipe than after each piece is ready the game will be frozen for a short period of time. This causing that a 5 minutes long day in the game can be 15 or 20 minutes long if you are building gas pipes through the base (I have a big colony over 60 dupes). 
The same problem goes for the liquid pipes too (but it looks like that it's much less pressure on my computer. Don't know why.).

This problem is a deal breaker because the game is unplayable when you base reaches a maturity level (when the gameplay should be the most enjoyable). I was expecting that every building job will be done in a very short period of time because I have lot's of dupes...but happens the opposite because the architecture of the base is too complex and the game starts to lag.

So I will stop playing it till this issue exists. :/ Please check it and do something with it.

Even if the gas flow recalculation would be triggered by a piece of gas in a new pipe would be better because than the game freeze would only happen once for every new pipe system (and not as many times as many grids are parts of the gas pipe system).

I have a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz.

4.sav

Steps to Reproduce
1. Load the game. 2. Set the priority of all the jobs on the map to 5. 4. Build a 20 grid long gas pipe connected to the existing system. (with priority 9 to force this job to be the number one)

User Feedback

You just posted a "Oxygen Not Included" in the "Don't Starve: Hamlet" Bugtracker, try to move it to the right Bugtracker if you want to get your bug fixed.

Share this comment