Lag when too many rabid beetles hatch simultaneously.

Myfirstacc9
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Perhaps it's my low RAM (<3GB) or an Ubuntu problem.

Steps to Reproduce
Enter area when many rabid beetles (perhaps more than 100) are hatching at the same time.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

You can use a console command, c_removeall("rabid_beetle"), then all rabid beetles will disappear. 

• Like 1

Share this comment

To clarify, lag was bearable and game was playable. It only lasted 5 seconds or so, but I was worried in case I go in an area with even more beetles.

Also in my following encounters with large numbers of beetles I didn't notice anything major either.

7 hours ago, Damlet. said:

You can use a console command, c_removeall("rabid_beetle"), then all rabid beetles will disappear. 

I've never used any commands (i found how to enable them). What commands should I use in order to replicate the situation? Namely:

• Spawn beetle "eggs"
  • Hatch them all at once

Share this comment

On 1/5/2019 at 2:59 PM, Damlet. said:

Looks like in my case only

c_removeall("glowfly")

helped.

Share this comment

Also, loading the game on integrated GPU no longer worked, I had to use the discrete one. And it's the only instance where I had any performance issues in any DS (RoG and SW). The code in scripts/stategraphs/SGglowfly.lua looks weird. And in console I've seen at least several thousand lines about glowflies while there are at most 40 rabid beetles on screen in the save. I've tried adding print(inst) and they all have different sequencial identifiers. It's a major issue because it makes the game uplayably slow even on a discrete GPU with 4GB of video memory (16GB system RAM), please take a look into it.

Share this comment