Guards have torches during the day

jennyfofenny
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

image.thumb.png.9a9eb80fcee595c4e18f9770187c86d6.png

The guards in my town no longer have halberds during the day - only torches all the time.

Steps to Reproduce
I'm not sure when this started, it seems like I may have gone inside during a night/day transition when the guards were fighting the bats, but I'm not sure. This only appears to affect some guards.

User Feedback

Do you happen to have pikos near by? Pikos during a full moon will go aggressive (also their passive is taking items out of inventories) and attack guard sometimes, leading to their weapons being taken out and stolen. That is one cause, but it could be some bug with like you said, day night transitions with bats or something.

Share this comment

There aren't any pikos nearby - there are some in the countryside, but I don't think these guards have ever seen them. That's an interesting point about the inventory slot, though.

Share this comment

When a pig guard uses all the durability of their axe, they will change to torch.

When you kill them, they will not drop the axe either.

I don't think it is a bug, it just sucks (their axe should have unlimited uses when they use them)

Share this comment

Man, that sucks - that's a good point. I did use the guards for the bats a lot. It would be cool if there was some way to fix it besides killing them - even just being able to give them a new one. You would think city hall would issue them a new halberd the next day. The city wouldn't want their guards to be insufficiently armed for the protection of their city. (Also, they appear to have unlimited torches...)

It sucks because now they are always burning up my property and pig skins =P .

Edited by jennyfofenny

Share this comment