Gas Mask Options Removed

Daggaroth
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

For some reason the usual options when highlighting the Gas Mask with a gamepad (such as Inspect, Equip, Drop, etc) have been replaced with one saying "Pick Up" (See screenshot). Pressing the button seems to then make the character walk in a random direction. The mask can still equipped by moving it over to the head slot but there is no way of dropping it other than storing it an external inventory.

20190122040245_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I believe it started happening after taking the Gas Mask off the shelf in my house (although I didn't notice at first). I used a gamepad to replace an item on the shelf with the Gas Mask. Taking the Gas Mask from the shelf again seemed to cause the problem.

User Feedback

Upon further investigation, it definitely seems to be related to the shelves that can be placed in houses. When you highlight an item in one of those shelf inventories, the only option is "Pick Up", but taking it from the shelf seems to keep that as the only option.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

@Daggaroth

Could you go to Main Menu>Options>Report Bug, mention the save slot and the issue and submit?

I can't repro this, so would love to take look at your savegame.

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Sorry, pressed enter and somehow it submitted the message. Edited for a more complete experience.

Done :) The gas mask is currently in my inventory. I also mentioned in the report that I noticed similar behaviour with a Razor. After taking it off the shelf it could no longer be used to trim hedges (or use any D-Pad options such as Drop).

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks, I'll take a look at it. I have a pretty good idea what happened, but not how it could happen with the current version. Is this an old world (say more than two weeks) or would you say a more recent one?

Share this comment

5 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Yikes! Okay, thanks for the info.

To add some further information, I took a Mant Helmet and Mant Armor from the shelf. I then went to the Mant Hill and back home again. When I got home the armor was on the shelf again, but I was also wearing it, so I effectively duplicated the items.

Share this comment

I think I have a handle on what it is - are you using the controller interface where you press R2 to zoom them in and move items between the shelf and your inventory?

I found some issues there - this interface will probably get to behave different for shelves. 

For now, to prevent misbehaving items I'd suggest not using that interface to move items to and from shelves. Apologies, it's not a great solution.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

11 hours ago, bizziboi said:

I think I have a handle on what it is - are you using the controller interface where you press R2 to zoom them in and move items between the shelf and your inventory?

Yes, I do use R2 sometimes when I'm micromanaging inventory stuff. I use it a lot for the sewing kit and refuelling lanterns etc.

I noticed that normally when you try to place an item on top of another item in an inventory, it swaps the item that was stored with the one you were "holding". However, the shelves do not act this way; instead, it will simply make a noise indicating that the item cannot be placed in there (like invalid crock pot ingredients). Most likely my inventory was full when I wanted to take something from the shelf, so I used R2 to try and pick up an item from my inventory to swap out for the item on the shelf.

I will try to avoid this in future and drop an item on the floor instead :p

Share this comment