Frequent crash to desktop when passing through doors

Cactus Catus
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

When passing through the door in or out the slanty shanty, during the transition loading screen the game will crash to desktop. This will also happen when going through doors between chambers and entering or exiting the Ancient Pig Ruins and caves. Especially when the game was about to autosave. This had made the game very hard to play as progress is lost when crashed. 

Steps to Reproduce
Pass through the door in or out the slanty shanty, ruin chambers or ruin entrances

User Feedback

Could you submit a bug from in-game? (Main Menu>Options>Report Bug). It'll upload your savegame for us to look at.

While I'm here some questions:

Are you using any mods?

Could you attach your dxdiag?I've not heard of this before, so wondering if it's something specific on your end.

Share this comment

I have read another post about checking the log and backup log files, and it seems like some of the mods could not load, so I disabled them and I think the game is working fine for now. Though I was curious why does the game runs fine with all the mods on for a good while before the game started to crash? It's like a hit or miss, sometimes I pass through doorways just fine and other times it just crashes to desktop. 

Edited by Cactus Catus

Share this comment

47 minutes ago, Cactus Catus said:

Though I was curious why does the game runs fine with all the mods on for a good while before the game started to crash?

If it is a mod causing the crash, it's something in the world that sometimes triggers it. Could be anything really, the mod may only crash if a pog walks into range, or when it's raining, or when your health is low, or in a certain season or....

The world changes continuously but a lot of things are triggered when you exit an interior, so the crash is only triggered at that point.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment