Freezing Under the ROC

Drewey09
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

There is a bug I have encountered quite a few times with the ROC. To put it simply, the player gets frozen underneath the rock in a kneeling position. Both the player and the rock just sit there and you can still comment on things so the game itself isn’t frozen. Upon being frozen in a kneeling posistion you receive a MASSIVE sanity drain, unable to do anything about it you simply have to sit there in that posistion loosing sanity until a nightmare comes and kills you. 

Steps to Reproduce
I am not entirely sure how to reproduce it but I have done it a couple of times. When the rock spawns, if the player runs into the initial head circle (When the Roc first lands and it’s head initially does it’s grabbing animation). If the player runs under the head during this animation or directly after it this glitch should occur.

User Feedback

I have just had this same occur. I was deliberately trying to get eaten so likely moved under the head whilst its animation was triggering. The player figure froze. Save, quitting and reloading did nothing and the figure remained unable to move. 

Share this comment

Hello @JarrahA, welcome to the forums. There is a workaround for this:

• Move cursor into safe spot on screen
  • Open console with tilde sign "~"
  • Type c_move(GetPlayer()) 
  • Press Enter
  • Once moved, save and exit
  • Return to save game
  • BFB will proceed to take you away

Share this comment