Entered a Volcano After Linking Worlds; Corrupted World?

LePietatoLord
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

I entered a Volcano on a Shipwrecked world that I got to with the Skyworthy, and now my game can't load that save. I get the same error everytime I try to load that save.

20181121190150_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Already Stated

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug

User Feedback

Could you click "Report bug" when this happens? It'll upload your savegame for us to look at.

Was it the first time you visited said volcano?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Yes, this was the first time I entered it. Also, whenever I try to click report bug, it says that there's an error in sending my save data. I've tried quite a few times for other bugs and this one to no avail.

Edited by LePietatoLord

Share this comment

Oh, that's odd, I haven't heard that one before. What platform are you on?

Could you upload your log from when you try to submit a bug?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

.... ....

Interesting. I may add more logging to see why it would fail - I have no idea :confused:

@LePietatoLord

Would you mind if I bug you again to try uploading another report when I add logging in hopes to see what could go wrong?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

.... ....

Actually, thinking about this more, I wonder if both crashes are related - the game being unable to write the file (world file for the volcano, zip file for the bugreport).

Can you create a ShipWrecked world from scratch?

Can you try what is outlined in the below link (link is for Don't Starve Together, but should work for Don't Starve as well)

http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2409757-getting-a-"unable-to-write-to-config-directory"-error-message

If that fails, could you attach your log.txt? - I'd like to see the whole thing.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Followed your instructions, here are the results. I can make a Shipwrecked world from scratch, nothing wrong there.

However, I ran Steam and Don't Starve as an administrator and loaded the corrupted save, but the same crash with the same logs showed up. 

I also followed these instructions:

- In steam right-click the game in your library
- Select ‘properties’
- Click ‘Set launch options’
- Enter ‘-persistent_storage_root c:\DontStarveTogether’ (without the quotes)
- Close dialog.
- And the next one
- Launch the game.
Yet again, same crash after loading that save. (pic below is from my attempts)

20181121235246_1.jpg

While looking through my firewalls and security options, I found that disabling the Microsoft Real Time Protection Option allows me to report bugs successfully. Sadly, my game still has the same error shown above.

Edited by LePietatoLord

Share this comment

I just messed around with a few savefiles in remote and renamed them volcano_1. I can now access my world, but it spawns me outside of it and I can't access the volcano. Still better than losing the world.

Edited by LePietatoLord

Share this comment

Did you end up sending a bug report from in-game? (sorry, I haven't had time to look at them all individually, I go through them as I try to fix them somewhat in order of occurence so I may not have seen it yet)

• Thanks 1

Share this comment