Cork canoe to other islands!

Siletrea
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

I've found that if bodies of water go over the edge of the map and show a "waterfall" at the edge that I can disembark from a "cork canoe" right onto the edge! if I retrieve the canoe and start moving around I end up running around on the clouds outside of the world! I ended up finding that another island had the same water off the edge of the map thing! so I could reembark onto my cork canoe and sail into shore! using this I accessed the "fountain of youth" in 5 days of survival ...and then got swiftly killed by a giant rock snake....BUT I managed to save a pic of the map! so I can show you the problem areas! (I use a map revealing mod)

the light blue encircles the watery areas while the red encircles the entrance/exit spots that can be used to travel between islands!

5c06f3f35bec9_dontstarvemap.thumb.png.2517b914a826d86c95a7223ee6d43e8e.png5c06f40a1f915_dontstarvemapareas.thumb.png.e19f5dbb9826663d19c45ed1edeac082.png

Steps to Reproduce
1: use a code or this mod to reveal your world https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225675650 1.5: if your world does not have a pond on the end of 1 or 2 world islands then die and respawn till you get what you want! 2: build a raft/boat/cork canoe 3: sail to end of world and disembark 3.5: if you have cork canoe save yourself some materials and take it with you 4: run across the clouds to the other island's watersource on the edge of that island 4.5: stay somewhat close to the islands and veering away too far will cause the screen to go black so you can't see...going back towards the islands fixes this 5: either build a new raft/boat or use your canoe at the waterfall edge to sail on the new islands pond! then disembark on that land to complete the journey! 6: repeat process to have semi instant travel between islands

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.