Bug Map reveal all item

Pab10Suarez
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

image.png.828d492c2e6cd374f64a50825ccb1274.png
So here is the bug, the first time that i open the map appear like this

• Some times the map work perfectly because that i think can be fixed (i mean sometimes as some worlds)
  • Without Mods
  • I tried verifyng my cache files but it doesn't work
  • This happen to me too in SW

I search my log and here is what i found "strange":

Spoiler

log.txt

[00:05:05]: ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on MinimapBG. glGetError returned 0x501
[00:05:05]: 2296x2296 format: 0x1907 mips: 1
[00:05:05]: ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on MinimapFG. glGetError returned 0x501
[00:05:05]: 2296x2296 format: 0x1908 mips: 1
[00:05:05]: framebuffer not complete (0x8cd6)
[00:05:05]: ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on MinimapBG. glGetError returned 0x501
[00:05:05]: 2296x2296 format: 0x1907 mips: 1
[00:05:05]: ERROR: HWTexture::DeserializeTexture failed on MinimapFG. glGetError returned 0x501
[00:05:05]: 2296x2296 format: 0x1908 mips: 1

Steps to Reproduce
Generate a world (So oftenly with any world, is so strange when the map works fine)

User Feedback

Hi,

Could you attach your entire log?

And, if you're on windows, could you attach your dxdiag.txt as explained in the below link?

Thanks!

Share this comment

Thanks.

Hmmmmm - your videocard has no dedicated memory, which means that your system doesn't meet the minimum specs for Don't Starve (256Mb of dedicated video ram)

I don't know if it'll work but you could try turning on "small textures" in the options

Share this comment

Just now, bizziboi said:

Thanks.

Hmmmmm - your videocard has no dedicated memory, which means that your system doesn't meet the minimum specs for Don't Starve (256Mb of dedicated video ram)

I don't know if it'll work but you could try turning on "small textures" in the options

I know my ****ty video card but sometimes it work, i've here now (after so much attempts of worlds with small textures activatedimage.png.564caaa73751805bcd6f4a3c6b36cdc8.png
here's my log of that world (maybe others 3 or 4 worlds before it)

log.txt

oh but i guess this can't be fixed because my system doesn't meet the system minimun specs?

Share this comment

I think if it sometimes works with small textures enabled it's really luck of the draw. Sometimes it has enough memory and just squeezes through, other times it hasn't.

Some memory optimizations are planned that may help a bit but it's really hard to tell :(

• Sad 1

Share this comment

Just now, bizziboi said:

I think if it sometimes works with small textures enabled it's really luck of the draw. Sometimes it has enough memory and just squeezes through, other times it hasn't.

Some memory optimizations are planned that may help a bit but it's really hard to tell :(

So I have to play with the bug?
or just play with luck? :c

Share this comment

I'm not sure what to say.....

You could try setting world size to 'small', maybe it helps.

Apart from that.....if there's not enough memory the game can't properly run. As I said, memory optimizations may free up some memory, and that may make it work, but I really can't promise at this point that it will.

Share this comment

Just now, bizziboi said:

I'm not sure what to say.....

You could try setting world size to 'small', maybe it helps.

Apart from that.....if there's not enough memory the game can't properly run. As I said, memory optimizations may free up some memory, and that may make it work, but I really can't promise at this point that it will.

oh well  will try with small worlds but
something change with dlc's maps?
because with dst and ds/RoG I don't have any trouble

Share this comment

The newer DLCs brought in more content, so the min-spec became more relevant. DS/ROG were a bit less demanding in that regard. DST is closer to ROG than to Shipwrecked in that regard.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this comment

8 hours ago, bizziboi said:

The newer DLCs brought in more content, so the min-spec became more relevant. DS/ROG were a bit less demanding in that regard. DST is closer to ROG than to Shipwrecked in that regard.

Well i will wait the memory optimizations as my last hope

Share this comment