birds not spawning after a while

Flusap
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

After a few days while playing in game birds stop flying down. It seems to happen when I go to the pig city, so maybe it's related to pigeons? Exiting and re-entering the game fixes it for a little while again, but then they stop again

Steps to Reproduce
1. go to pig city 2. after a while birds stop spawning

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I've been experiencing this bug for months now.  I don't think it's related to the pig cities or pigeons because I often base outside of the city and don't even go to a city until several seasons into the game.  

It's either a day-count issue or a season-change issue.  (I suspect the later.)  When starting a new game, I tend to notice no birds around Day 20-30.  Exiting the game and reloading has always fixed the problem.  Since I see this issue in almost every (Hamlet) game I play, my guess is that most people don't play that many days straight without reloading or they don't notice it?  (I pretty much just play Hamlet since it was released on Early Access so I can't say if it's happening in Vanilla/ROG/Shipwrecked.)

Share this comment

2 hours ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

I've been experiencing this bug for months now.  I don't think it's related to the pig cities or pigeons because I often base outside of the city and don't even go to a city until several seasons into the game.  

It's either a day-count issue or a season-change issue.  (I suspect the later.)  When starting a new game, I tend to notice no birds around Day 20-30.  Exiting the game and reloading has always fixed the problem.  Since I see this issue in almost every (Hamlet) game I play, my guess is that most people don't play that many days straight without reloading or they don't notice it?  (I pretty much just play Hamlet since it was released on Early Access so I can't say if it's happening in Vanilla/ROG/Shipwrecked.)

I've been having this issue too but I experience it as early as day 8. I think the pig city does have something to do with it, even if it's just shortening the time before it happens.

I do also think it's been said that it's intentional that birds don't spawn in lush season, so maybe that's getting triggered too early or something

Share this comment

I’ve had this same issue too, I’m really surprised it hasn’t been fixed yet since it’s coming out of beta this month.   Just now they stopped after I entered and exited my shanty. Maybe most people don’t experience it but it’s every hamlet game I play. Not a huge problem except that my old laptop takes forever to load the game on restart 

Share this comment