BFB freezes you when kidnapping

leaille
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

was under the BFB's mouth, it did the pickup motion, but I end up being stunned... forever. I cannot touch my tools altthough I can hover over them. godmode and gonext to the nearest dungbeetle didn't unstun.

seemed to be fixed in the recent update but rather just broke it for me hahaha

I do have the latest update.

image.thumb.png.7a8fd8ddc3a74f7cff22a02a0b2116b7.png

Steps to Reproduce
be webber, run under bfb's mouth

User Feedback

Hello @leaille, welcome to the forums. This has been reported a handful of times but the devs needs more info to be able to fully fix this bug. The next time this happens for you, do the following:

• Save and Exit
  • Go To Options
  • Click Report Bug
  • Edit Description with "Stuck Under BFB in World Save #"
  • Submit
  • Once submitted, this will send the devs the necessary information to be able to properly investigate the issue. (Since it occurs very randomly and difficult to replicate)
  • After that, go into your world save that has the stuck under BFB issue
  • Open console with tilde sign "~"
  • Move cursor into a safe spot on land then enter the command c_move(GetPlayer())
  • Press Enter
  • Once no long under BFB, save and exit
  • Open Save once again
  • BFB will now proceed to abduct you correctly

Also it is highly recommended for people to search the bug tracker first if a certain issue has been reported, and in your case it has. So the next time you encounter something, use the search feature to see if some has the same issue and if you can add onto their bug report with more information you can provide. Hopefully, their bug report has workarounds you could try. Cheers.

Share this comment

Same here. Thank you a lot @Zillvr, I already sent the report properly and with the command you said I could unlock myself. It wasn't necesary to save and quit because BFB abducted me before I could pause it and then after loading the nest island I spawned normally. (it took a while longer than before to load that island i think, but i can't tell for sure, I tought my game was freezed in black screen but then it loaded just fine).

I can say that I walked directly to the mouth of BFB right after he stomped the floor, and that's when I got stucked, if that's for any help.

Share this comment

Hello, I do have the same problem. Just before the BFB try to catch me. My character and the bfb can't move or do anything else. One Guardian Pig is moving and i'm loosing sanity cause of the BFB near me.
I'm just under his head, and now I have the smog around me.
I reported the bug for now.
I do have 3 mods activated but before nothing happend in my other games.
I desactivated the mods,and tried to do the c_move(GetPlayer()) 
But it's not working.

5bffeb7b7e320_Dontstarvetrapped.thumb.png.a64c43e6c1670cc2ad589690dd348041.png

Share this comment

Problem fixed ! c_move(GetPlayer()) Worked, exit the game and enter the game again worked ! 
Thank you for your posts

Share this comment